Favourite Commentary Quotes

DJ Kris

• Paid Members
I was facetiously making out that there is NO WAY Uncle Jerry could be a wrong-en!

Uncle Jerry.... ugh, now I'm going to feel like a nonce whenever my mate's two-year-old girl calls me Uncle Air Raid.

Yes, there is no reason to suggest Lawler likes ladies which are, shall we say, a little shy of the age of consent. I hear he went fishing with Taz last weekend, bet that was nice.

:offtopic:

Speaking of naughty "Kings" I happened to check out Marlon King's criminal record the other day, strike a light.

King has convictions for 14 offences, dating from 1997. He received fines, driving bans, community service sentences, a rehabilitation order and orders to pay compensation on convictions including: theft from a person and from a car, criminal damage, and attempting to obtain property by deception; fraudulent use of vehicle licence document, driving without insurance, speeding, drink driving; a wounding incident while playing amateur football, and two cases involving assault of young women rejecting his advances in the Soho area of London.

Not just a woman-batterer, he's not shy of a little credit card fraud or handling stolen cars either. What a disgrace.

EDIT - Yes, "Uncle Air Raid" is a paraphrase, the tot uses my real name. I'm not that much of a cripple that I get children to call me by my login. Only strangers I meet in bars.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

On Saturday I was doing commentary for EWW and since it's the first wrestling related work I'd done in a couple of years I'd have some fun by knocking up a little "Commentary For Dummies" booklet, which was part of the reason for creating this thread in the first place. Needless to say it made for a fun read and we had a bit of fun dropping the odd line in.

321668_10150322219712215_725022214_8047299_1554958601_n.jpg

320264_10150322219962215_725022214_8047300_763515585_n.jpg

Gorilla Monsoon

He just got his clock cleaned

When the face wrestler takes out the heel

Shot to the external occipital protuberance

A shot to the back of the head

You can cut the electricity with a knife

When the audience are so fired up and excited

Will you stop??!!

Always good to use when the heel commentator is talking utter rubbish

The devious one

Description for a sneaky heel manager

I wouldn

I was a huge mark for the Heyman & JR announce team during the Invasion. There was an episode of RAW where a member of the Alliance joins the announce team and JR begins to go on about how disgusted he is with Austin or Shane for a while. Heyman ignores the entire thing and says "Ignore him he's from Oklahoma" and begins speaking to the member of the Alliance.

I would love to watch it again. I thought it was brilliant at the time

I totally agree. Survivor Series 2001 was when they were at their best. Their constant bickering was hilarious. Heyman sure knew how to push JR's buttons!!

On Saturday I was doing commentary for EWW and since it's the first wrestling related work I'd done in a couple of years I'd have some fun by knocking up a little "Commentary For Dummies" booklet, which was part of the reason for creating this thread in the first place. Needless to say it made for a fun read and we had a bit of fun dropping the odd line in.

321668_10150322219712215_725022214_8047299_1554958601_n.jpg

320264_10150322219962215_725022214_8047300_763515585_n.jpg

Haha, I know the guy on the right. That's Jake.

Also, how did you get to do commentary? I've always thought it'd be good to give it a go.

"Close only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades"

Ive always really liked this one because the hand grenade part makes a lot of sense, but I don't actually understand the horseshoe bit. Can anyone explain that one please?

Cyrus on Jerry lynn

"Looks like the new fn show got some new fn tights"

Styles & Cyrus are my 2nd favourite commentary duo behind Monsoon & Heenan.

"I'm waiting for that cameraman to get a good shot of Dawn Marie's ticket seller". :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
"Close only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades"

Ive always really liked this one because the hand grenade part makes a lot of sense, but I don't actually understand the horseshoe bit. Can anyone explain that one please?

I'm assuming it means the game Horseshoes, where you throw a horseshoe at a stick in the ground and the closer you get the more points you get.

• Paid Members
Haha, I know the guy on the right. That's Jake.

Also, how did you get to do commentary? I've always thought it'd be good to give it a go.

Jake's a good lad! I worked with EWW for a long time, since they started actually, but I left a couple of years ago. They asked me to go back for this show and that's what I happened to be be doing. I'd done a bit of commentary before when some of their old shows got transfered to DVD.

"Batista is down, Batista is down, Batista is down"

Regal also had some golden moments when he did guest commentary back in 2000-2001. For some reason I've always remembered two golden lines of after he got attacked by somebody:

Michael Cole: "Are you alright?"

William Regal: "Am I alright?! Of course I'm not bloody alright, I've just been molested"

Another classic was "An anonymous person asked me to come down and protect that buxom wench, and I did it. Being the gallant and windswept person that I am". I've often used the term windswept to describe myself ever since

Surprised no one has mentioned J.R's awesome rant at the end of Shaun and Triple H's streetfight from Summerslam 2002 after Trips hit Shaun with the sledgehammer.

" Do you have no heart, do you have no soul, you son of a bitch. Do you realise what you've done?"

Maybe not a quote but thats stuck in my head ever since i saw the match.

Surprised no one has mentioned J.R's awesome rant at the end of Shaun and Triple H's streetfight from Summerslam 2002 after Trips hit Shaun with the sledgehammer.

" Do you have no heart, do you have no soul, you son of a bitch. Do you realise what you've done?"

shaun who?

• Paid Members

Serves him right for taking a cricket bat to a sledgehammer fight.

shaun who?

Normally im a good speller, must have got first post nerves!!!

Archived