NWE Wrestling coming to London!

StefanoWE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Something hot is coming for the European Wrestling in 2012!

Over last few months the management of Nu-Wrestling Evolution (NWE) and International Pro Wrestling United Kingdom (IPW:UK)have held countless meetings with one goal in mind: to put together an event which showcases the very best European talent alongside American Superstars whom many fans will not have had the chance to see perform live before.

On April 28th 2012, at... the splendid TROXY ARENA in London, the dream that the two groups have been working toward will become a reality. As for the first time ever the biggest federation in Europe today, NWE will join with Europe

• Paid Members

The Troxy, by the way, is the East London/Docklands venue that the Ultimate Challenge/Cage Rage MMA promotion uses for their bi-monthly cards (and can be seen on Sky Sports) and White Collar MMA events. It actually looks a lot like Liverpool Olympia on the inside.

28 April is a Saturday, so here's guessing IPW:UK will also be holding one of their usual Sunday Sittingbourne events the next day with some of the imports. It is also the day after my birthday, so potential for wrestling-related birthday bender is most definitely on the cards...

Didn't NEW totally ruin the markets in each of the countries they ran though? Could be bad news for the UK scene...

Well, in Italy they actaully we're the main promotion who helped local wrestling shows gain popularity and in Malta they kinda build an interest for wrestling when there wasn't really any before. They also did shows in Spain and France, from what I know France is doing alright and Spain never really had a local scene going so I'm sure it haven't changed much over there.

Archived