NWE Wrestling coming to London!

StefanoWE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't NEW totally ruin the markets in each of the countries they ran though? Could be bad news for the UK scene...

Well, in Italy they actaully we're the main promotion who helped local wrestling shows gain popularity

Well that's not true. Here in Italy they actually ruin the market with a lot of big shows in a very small period. Also they never helped italian wrestling in gaining popularity as they never recognized other promotions' work (apart from their small list of friends) and used a very very short list of italian wrestlers on their shows (again friends).

That's the past. Now, judging from what they said recently, NWE is going to be better in this aspect.

They are also largely responsible for fucking up the french market (along with AWR), which was doing quite well up until '09. Putting on very average and badly promoted shows in well known venues and such.

Nowadays France is just fine if your name is Flesh Gordon. Back to where we were a few years ago.

Yes, that's the criticism I remember, that they put on a lot of very bad, but large shows, in quick succession with big name imports, thus killing any casual fan enthusiasm for local, homegrown promotions.

Didn't NEW totally ruin the markets in each of the countries they ran though? Could be bad news for the UK scene...

Well, in Italy they actaully we're the main promotion who helped local wrestling shows gain popularity

Well that's not true. Here in Italy they actually ruin the market with a lot of big shows in a very small period. Also they never helped italian wrestling in gaining popularity as they never recognized other promotions' work (apart from their small list of friends) and used a very very short list of italian wrestlers on their shows (again friends).

That's the past. Now, judging from what they said recently, NWE is going to be better in this aspect.

They are also largely responsible for fucking up the french market (along with AWR), which was doing quite well up until '09. Putting on very average and badly promoted shows in well known venues and such.

Nowadays France is just fine if your name is Flesh Gordon. Back to where we were a few years ago.

From the results section in ICWA's website it looks like they still draw well with numbers the British scene can only dream of - http://www.icwacatch.com/R2011.htm

Plus, didn't Johnny Saint worked for UEWA/ABC in front of a sold out crowd of 3,000 people in France just two months ago?

Looks like the French scene is doing well.

From the results section in ICWA's website it looks like they still draw well with numbers the British scene can only dream of - http://www.icwacatch.com/R2011.htm

Plus, didn't Johnny Saint worked for UEWA/ABC in front of a sold out crowd of 3,000 people in France just two months ago?

Well, I worked for the icwa promotion for quite some time, I do believe I know their situation somewhat better than you do :)

And if you are referring to the show where Kevin Nash was booked, then no, he did not.

What you are right about is that France draws much better than the uk, but that is largely due to the fact there are nowhere near as many promotions on the market.

Well, I worked for the icwa promotion for quite some time, I do believe I know their situation somewhat better than you do :)

And if you are referring to the show where Kevin Nash was booked, then no, he did not.

What you are right about is that France draws much better than the uk, but that is largely due to the fact there are nowhere near as many promotions on the market.

Nope, I don't think Nash was booked for that show - it's a show from 16/8 where Saint had a match for Tony Trivaldo's belt which took place in Place Saint Charles.

So how come you think NWE ruin the market when the same promotions in France are still having good to great numbers in attendance?

Mate, you don't see the full picture.

Sometimes there are good to great draws, for the large part they are way down from what they were a couple of years ago. The number of shows each promotion runs is also on the down, whilst cancelled shows are on the up.

NWE and AWR showed up when things while things were on the up, and made deals with investors who could very well have dealt with local organisations. They had some early success, got complacent and careless, then things turned to crap.

Since then, things are getting worse.

The fact is that only WS is doing well in France, and by this I mean making money and running regularly.

Mate, you don't see the full picture.

Sometimes there are good to great draws, for the large part they are way down from what they were a couple of years ago. The number of shows each promotion runs is also on the down, whilst cancelled shows are on the up.

NWE and AWR showed up when things while things were on the up, and made deals with investors who could very well have dealt with local organisations. They had some early success, got complacent and careless, then things turned to crap.

Since then, things are getting worse.

The fact is that only WS is doing well in France, and by this I mean making money and running regularly.

A couple of years ago a promotion like ABC had an average of 750 in attendance, these days it looks to be the same. After 8 years, ICWA have an average of promoting 16 shows a year - so far this year it looks like they done 13. Where's the big change?

I'm guessing those investors wanted an "American" product and that's why they went with NWE and AWR. You can't know for sure they would have gone with a local promotion instead.

I'm sure you know more than me when it comes to the local French scene, but in the big picture it looks like things are pretty much the same (more or less).

I know what things look like, but there is a big difference between perception and reality.

For example, quite a few people seem to think belgium is a wrestling eldorado of sorts; I can assure you from recent experience it is not.

Besides, you are only taking into account the promotions you can read about on the internet. Like I said, big picture, mate.

Archived