NWE Wrestling coming to London!

StefanoWE

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't NEW totally ruin the markets in each of the countries they ran though? Could be bad news for the UK scene...

Well, in Italy they actaully we're the main promotion who helped local wrestling shows gain popularity

Well that's not true. Here in Italy they actually ruin the market with a lot of big shows in a very small period. Also they never helped italian wrestling in gaining popularity as they never recognized other promotions' work (apart from their small list of friends) and used a very very short list of italian wrestlers on their shows (again friends).

That's the past. Now, judging from what they said recently, NWE is going to be better in this aspect.

Not far from me at all on the train! Its right near my work aswell Central line and bit of walk and I'm sorted wheeey!

venue looks ace!

Should be a good laugh with a few mates Im down (if the line up looks decent and price etc of course)

Didn't NEW totally ruin the markets in each of the countries they ran though? Could be bad news for the UK scene...

Well, in Italy they actaully we're the main promotion who helped local wrestling shows gain popularity

Well that's not true. Here in Italy they actually ruin the market with a lot of big shows in a very small period. Also they never helped italian wrestling in gaining popularity as they never recognized other promotions' work (apart from their small list of friends) and used a very very short list of italian wrestlers on their shows (again friends).

That's the past. Now, judging from what they said recently, NWE is going to be better in this aspect.

But didn't ICW used a few of NWE's imports which helped them get great numbers in attendance?

But didn't ICW used a few of NWE's imports which helped them get great numbers in attendance?

Not exactly, just in one occasion ICW used some NWE imports (Billy Gunn if I remember correctly) and NWE threatened lawsuit for reason I forget.. A part from that, ICW using former WWEs (not the same of NWE) was just the result of the italian "wrestling-boom" caused by the popularity of WWE Smackdown on Italia Uno.

Not exactly, just in one occasion ICW used some NWE imports (Billy Gunn if I remember correctly) and NWE threatened lawsuit for reason I forget.. A part from that, ICW using former WWEs (not the same of NWE) was just the result of the italian "wrestling-boom" caused by the popularity of WWE Smackdown on Italia Uno.

Did Billy Gunn ever worked for NWE? I was thinking about Test, Tonga Kid and Joe Legend who if I'm not mistaken all worked for NWE and ICW at the same.

Billy Gunn worked for Nu-Wrestling Promotion, before it became the Nu Wrestling Evolution.

If I remember correctly Joe Legend wrestled in NWE only in one occasion but he worked ICW in various shows before of that.

Tonga Kid worked once for ICW, in the same event of the lawsuit accident.

About Test I can't honestly remember if he wrestled for the Nu-Wrestling Promotion before joining ICW. Surely NWE never helped ICW in booking his talents.

Are you serious bro? More than WWE prices? I didn't expect that in the slightest. The most expensive seat is greater than 3 nights of Dragon Gate this weekend lol. I'll probs go to this one but wish the tickets went on sale a bit later after we knew more of the talent on the show.

Billy Gunn worked for Nu-Wrestling Promotion, before it became the Nu Wrestling Evolution.

If I remember correctly Joe Legend wrestled in NWE only in one occasion but he worked ICW in various shows before of that.

Tonga Kid worked once for ICW, in the same event of the lawsuit accident.

About Test I can't honestly remember if he wrestled for the Nu-Wrestling Promotion before joining ICW. Surely NWE never helped ICW in booking his talents.

About 5 years ago the NWE "talent contracts" forbid you working for anyone else in Italy for a specific time period before and after the contracted tour.

Beyond how enforceable the contracts were, I know one of the guys mentioned in this thread worked elsewhere in Italy and he laterally continued to work some NWE shows.

There was at least one indy in Italy they worked alongside as Kishi and Pearl worked at least one shot for them, along with Riccardo the ref and I'd guess Fire Angel, Lizard etc were also involved.

Archived