potential BFG spoiler

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Now i know that he himself is not the best source of info (even regarding himself/career) however when interviewed Hogan has said he wont be taking bumps in his 'i quit match' vs sting. Do you think a match featuring 1 semi broken 52 yr old & 1 completely broken 59 yr old can have a credible match under those conditions, as as much as i love Sting, he aint no Michaels & i really think this could be a bad match for tna to put top billing on.

• Paid Members

It'll be a dog and pony show. It'll be Raven vs Dreamer with fake tan. If there's ever a city this kind of match will go over big its in Philadelphia. Hogan's wrestled matches like this before. He didn't bump for no fucker in 1995 on Nitro. Hogan will come out, do his overpowering shove, do his posing, he'll get the better of Sting early on. Sting will start punching him. Bischoff will take a bump, Gunnar, Bully Ray and Steiner will beat Sting down, Flair will do a bit of comedy, hopefully he'll get his arse out, Bischoff will boink Hogan over the head with a chair when Sting ducks and Hogan will get the Death Lock. It will probably last 10 minutes, 3 minutes of stalling, 4 minutes of trademark offense and the rest run ins. Hogan was locked in the Scorpion a few months back, so he'll probably tap to that. As long as its better than Bret vs Vince, I'll be happy. Hogan's spent a career getting enough out of very little.

Philly's a Hulk Hogan town though. They'll have to turn him at the end, so I expect him shaking Sting's hand.

• Moderators

I'm looking forward to the Hogan Backrakes of Death.

Yeah, he wasn't exact bumping around like a pinball when he was Hollywood Hogan, so I'll be looking for him to have a match like that. Backrakes, Weightlifting belt shots and posing. I love Hollywood Hogan matches.

• Paid Members

He wrestled Ric Flair in 2009 with his hip out of place and did enough. People dont judge Hogan matches like they do ... well even Virgil matches. They just want to weightlifting belt and a Axe Bomber and we'll party like its 1989 to the gimmick table. Its like Piper said "there's a million ways to work a match, my shoulders doesn't need to be on the floor".

I remember that time he had that class match with Savage when it was centered around him losing his wig. Bryan Alvarez has high hopes for it. And he hates everything. I'm breaking a life habit and putting my money on Alvarez to be spot on.

To put into perspective how relevant TNA is: a wrestling fan (me) on a wrestling forum read the abbreviation "BFG" and thought of a Roald Dahl book.

Or it's because nobody ever calls it BFG, while the book is universally known as The BFG.

Archived