The Nexus

Jetta's G-string

Personally, I think the original version of The Nexus (Barrett led version) was broken up too soon, i felt that it still had a lot of miles in it. Now at the moment, the members of that original group aren't really doing much. Do you think that bringing them back together again would work? I personally think it would, and would like to see it happen. Maybe a Nexus vs HHH/WWE style storyline similar to the original NWO one? Or maybe a Nexus vs Punk storyline, as that would have history anyway.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, its dead, they fucked it up, those OG guys are jobbers now in most peoples eyes(certainly for me), WWE is not very good at doing Invasion faction angles, which makes it even more funny that they rib on WCW and the nWo, at-least that had a good year n half maybe even a 2 year run before it went crap.

Punk feuding with Nexus would be a step down for him, he is feuding with TripleH and Nash apart from Cena and Orton (who he both previously feuded with), those guys are the biggest stars, If he cant get over after feuding with all those he should pack his bags, Plus he might even be involved in that SS match with The Rock.

• Paid Members
No, its dead, they fucked it up, those OG guys are jobbers now in most peoples eyes(certainly for me), WWE is not very good at doing Invasion faction angles, which makes it even more funny that they rib on WCW and the nWo, at-least that had a good year n half maybe even a 2 year run before it went crap.

Punk feuding with Nexus would be a step down for him, he is feuding with TripleH and Nash apart from Cena and Orton (who he both previously feuded with), those guys are the biggest stars, If he cant get over after feuding with all those he should pack his bags, Plus he might even be involved in that SS match with The Rock.

Can't get over? I'm not one of his "can do no wrong" acolytes, but Punk is waaay over.

Can't get over? I'm not one of his "can do no wrong" acolytes, but Punk is waaay over.

My answer to that would be 2.7

I like CM Punk, or atleast the CM Punk from a few months ago, he is over with the IWC, because he says some insider rubbish and thats about it, casual fans aka not losers like us talking about wrestling on a forum, probably think wtf is he going on about? and probably sounds more like a crybaby, waaay over as you put it would be Cena and Orton.

• Paid Members

I like CM Punk, or atleast the CM Punk from a few months ago, he is over with the IWC, because he says some insider rubbish and thats about it, casual fans aka not losers like us talking about wrestling on a forum, probably think wtf is he going on about? and probably sounds more like a crybaby, waaay over as you put it would be Cena and Orton.

And thats down to Punk alone?

It's not Punk's fault that everything outside of the main event is now irrelevant. People are switching off in droves because the product isn't entertaining enough to hold peoples attention and not compelling enough to keep them coming back.

• Paid Members

fucking hell you sound more miserable than Morrissey.

• Paid Members

Punk has also drawn 3.0, against football, if we're going down that road. Punk is a star, he isn't Cena or Orton level but that's because they've only really pushed him as something better than the rest for a couple of months. It took Triple H months and months of strong pushing to finally get over, and this was during a boom period where these things are easier, given the hotness of the product.

• Paid Members
It's not Punk's fault that everything outside of the main event is now irrelevant. People are switching off in droves because the product isn't entertaining enough to hold peoples attention and not compelling enough to keep them coming back.

It was his idea to make the product more "real". Everyone was more than happy to give him the credit when they thought business was going to go through the roof. He gave McMahon the idea to drop all these shit references and they are paying for it. Punk's just as irrelevent as anyone else. He's as channel switching as anyone.

It was his idea to make the product more "real". Everyone was more than happy to give him the credit when they thought business was going to go through the roof. He gave McMahon the idea to drop all these shit references and they are paying for it. Punk's just as irrelevent as anyone else. He's as channel switching as anyone.

Hyperbole. Anyone who believed that Punk making a couple of insider comments on Raw would send business "through the roof" is a fucking imbecile.

The wrestlers, for the most part, are doing the best they can with what they've got, it's not their fault that the people writing the shows have no idea what they're doing.

• Paid Members
Hyperbole. Anyone who believed that Punk making a couple of insider comments on Raw would send business "through the roof" is a fucking imbecile.

Never said that. EVERYONE thought a reality based direction, with "shoot promos" and "standing up to the owner" was going to make WWE's business far better than when R-Truth was smoking a fag on Raw. And it really wasnt. It wasnt just a crouple of insider references. The whole direction of the company changed. The Nexus might have died in the end, but it made far more sense than post June 2011 WWE has.

Punk has arguably delivered some of the best promos in the companies history, but the booking since Money In The Bank has been wank because nobody seems to have any idea where Punk's storyline is heading. Punk's stock has clearly risen a lot over the last few months but as usual they're building up one guy while leaving the majority to rot, nobody wants to see a Dolph Ziggler/Jack Swagger feud because nobody's done anything to make the audience care about them.

Going back to Nexus; they're just another in a long line of great ideas that was inexplicably castrated for no good reason. There was no good reason to feed Nexus to Orton after everything they did. It was totally stupid.

Archived