The Nexus

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members
Ian, you do not know more about the WWE and pro wrestling than Vince McMahon, calm down and enjoy the story.

I was just going to post this in the off-topic GIF thread but I think it's more apt here.

66250_o.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how can you ask what TNA has to do with anything when they are nearest competition providing the same form of entertainment to the same audience, Ill grant that WWE are obviously competeing with the NFL because the programming is on on the same night but your point about WWE not even being worried about TNA proves mine about WWE not having any real wrestling based competition. WWE's ratings always go through lull periods before WWE becomes cool again and the casual fans come back to it, it happened before with WCW and its happening now with UFC..... NFL has always been there. People read far too much into the current figures, I have no doubt in my mind they will rise again.

Heres a question: has WWE put the Raw and Smackdown roster together because of TNA? Is house show business down because of TNA? Did they get their lowest rating the other week since 1997 because of TNA? Are they bringing back old stars and changing the direction of the business because of TNA? No to all of those, so TNA has nothing to do with this. They are a public company and have to answer to shareholders. If business is down, the shareholders (a lot of whom dont know there is another wrestling company) could care less if WWE is beating another wrestling promotion in the ratings. So the WCW comparison means nothing in 2011. WWE doesnt consider TNA competition anyway, so why should we? Vince McMahon has publically said they are in two different businesses. Vince competes in the arena and television market and TNA is about growth.

I have no doubt in my mind they will rise again.

And that is what people in this thread have been discussing.

Edit* Any chance we can discuss The Nexus in this thread?

Who's stopping you. All of this was directed to the Nexus angle and the previous SummerSlam in the first place if you bothered reading it.

then what, if any does the buy rates for this years summerslam have to do with it? if anything given that the buy rates have fallen it shows that The Nexus were good for business... well better than current storylines. Its my opinion that whilst everyone may say WWE are in competition with the NFL they are more in competition with TNA and UFC. The NFL has a massive core base of fans in most major cities covering the US, and their demographic has more disposable income than WWE's. You cant honestly say that just because WWE doesnt view TNA as a threat doesnt mean that they are not in competition with them, given that TNA are offering the same kind of product to the same people. The Tesco/Small Chain argument doesnt apply because TNA are trading at a national level thanks to TV deals and PPVs in cities around the country.... but y'know, Ian, you know more than me so theres no way Im right about anything.

LOL at TNA being a threat to WWE, not exactly the best way to convince people of your views.

If we are honest WWE havent had a threat or serious competition since 1999.

where did I say they were a threat? I merely said they were competing for the same fans.... which they are. Ian, its nice to see some arrogance on a discussion forum, really endearing quality.

LOL at TNA being a threat to WWE, not exactly the best way to convince people of your views.

If we are honest WWE havent had a threat or serious competition since 1999.

where did I say they were a threat? I merely said they were competing for the same fans.... which they are.

But TNA is irrelevant to WWE in any real sense. McDonalds are competing for the same customers as the chip shop round the corner from my mum's house, but I doubt Ronald's sat at his desk in a panic going "oh shit, they're doing sausage and chips for 99p, we best get our fingers out!"

Like Ian said, the competition that WWE worried about isn't TNA. They're not in panic mode because they're worried TNA is about to overtake.

Raw 26-9 spoilers

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It looks like a new faction is being set up right now. We have Christian, Cody Rhodes and Dolph Cigglar getting Law advice from David Otunga and then we have Miz and Truth having been unfairly dismissed with Nash possibly set to return alongside them. It makes more sense for these disgruntled employees (and former employees) to unite together than any reason I can think of for the original Nexus to reunite and have another crack.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Archived