SmackDown **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

SmackDown, Airing Friday, from lordsofpain:

* John Laurinaitis opens the show this week with the whole WWE roster. Laurinaitis talks about Triple H and introduces the new World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry. Triple H interrupts Henry's promo but Triple H is interrupted by Christian, who wants his World Title shot. Triple H announces Henry vs. Christian in a Lumberjack match for tonight. The winner will defend against Randy Orton at Hell in a Cell.

* Sheamus beat Heath Slater.

* Backstage segment with The Great Khali and Christian. Christian is looking for help from the Lumberjacks tonight.

* Wade Barrett beat Justin Gabriel in a good match.

* Randy Orton is interviewed by Matt Striker. Randy says he will go through hell to get his title back.

* Christian is backstage looking for more help from the Lumberjacks. Ezekiel Jackson isn't trying to hear it.

* Beth Phoenix and Natalya beat Kaitlyn and AJ Lee.

* Cody Rhodes beats Randy Orton by DQ when Orton goes crazy and beats him bloody. Blood is pouring as Orton beats Cody with his mask, a chair and the ringside bell. Officials come down to clean Cody up before Orton puts him through the announcers table with an RKO. Orton comes back down and RKO's Cody again before ending the segment. I'm not sure how it will come off on TV but the crowd went from being shocked to loving it to back to shocked. Orton was great and Cody bled like crazy.

* Backstage segment with Christian and Sheamus. Christian offers him a potato in return for helping him out in the Lumberjack match tonight. Sheamus says potatoes are from Idaho, not Ireland and spits it in Christian's face.

* The Great Khali beat Jinder Mahal.

* Sin Cara defeated Daniel Bryan. The second Sin Cara came down, took out the first Sin Cara and stole the win.

* Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne beat The Usos in a solid tag team match.

* Another backstage segment with Christian looking for help. Zack Ryder doesn't have time to listen to him as he gets a phone call from Hugh Jackman.

* World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry beat Christian in a Lumberjack match with the roster as Lumberjacks and the title on the line. Henry will go on to defend against Randy Orton at Hell in a Cell.

Blood! A Divas of Doom win! The Sin Caras are The Bellas! Other stuff!

Probably still won't watch it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Backstage segment with Christian and Sheamus. Christian offers him a potato in return for helping him out in the Lumberjack match tonight.

This could possibly be the greatest thing to ever happen on WWE TV.

• Paid Members

If they brought back the red X it would be brilliant! Especially if they plan on using blood on a live PPV. I say bring back the Brutus/Ron Bass red X and on the PPV have Henry bloody Orton without it. Seems a shame to waste it for a TV match.

Its great to know they will stretch the no blood rule for the right occasion isnt it? Hopefully we'll see it again at WrestleMania.

The fact that officials had to clean Cody leads me to believe it was just accidental. Obviously blood is allowed on PG shows, the no blood policy is just a WWE policy that they implement on their own. Maybe they will censor it on TV, just a shame that it happened on an angle like this because it's been over 3 years since WWE had any blading on the show, i think the last one was between Shawn Michaels and Jericho right before they got the PG rating and because it has been so long since blood has been seen in that way in WWE the next time they did it, it would have a huge impact. I always imagined it happening on an overrun of Raw when the rating is at it's highest and then having a blood bath so everyone sees it. Not that i am dissing this angle between Orton and Cody but i just think it's a shame Cody did bleed because i always hoped the next time WWE had someone bleed it would be a major thing and another step into a more mature PG product. Not on Smackdown where the ratings are terrible and certainly not at a Hell in A Cell PPV which hardly anyone is gonna buy anyway.

Yeah, I think if the officials did a clean-up job they'll do their best to hide it on TV. Considering the 'shock-value-capital' that blood has in WWE now, I doubt they'd chuck away its return on Smackdown. Especially in a segment that's not even closing the show.

If is an angle it would make sense. Henry completely dominated orton at noc so him facing henry inside the cell would mean he'd get dominated again. This way it shows ortons mental side and gives him that extra edge he needs going into the match. It now leaves you thinking tht he does have a chance to win.

But surely if the WWE has officials come out to clean Cody up it's gonna take away from the beatdown. When people watch it on TV it's gonna take them out of the moment. The whole thing about 'cleaning Cody up' before he gets put through the announce table shows they wanted to get all the spots out the way. It depends how badly he was bleeding and i'm surprised there are no videos or photos put online yet. I think WWE will shy away from it and do some editing, maybe even editing out Cody getting cleaned up altogether and just making it look as if there wasn't much blood at all. They do it to themselves. The WWE go one step forward and take two steps back. Apparantly the whole hard camera side of the arena was tarped off again. But of course WWE will blissfully think they know best although quite obviously people are tiring of Smackdown, they're tiring of the product. I've said it before and i'll say it again, i really think the WWE has to hit rock bottom before it starts getting better again. They just aren't doing enough to fix their shows. Why we even discussing this? That shows you bad it is when someone bleeding is a big talking point!

They had the ref come out during the iron man match and glue Cena's head-wound shut if I remember correctly vs Orton? Everyone complained then but it fits with what happens in boxing, mma, it gets cleaned up to an extent and it didn't harm the flow of that particular match.

Archived