SmackDown **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

• Paid Members
Did they show it on the Sky Sports version? And what about all the other times since late 1999 up until now that people have bled on Smackdown? Smackdown was only rated TV14 for a short while in 1999 and then it got a PG rating while Raw and Heat and PPVs remained TV14, Smackdown has been PG pretty much from the start so saying he can't bleed on a PG show is nonsense. WWE didn't even get a TV14 rating for Raw and PPVs until the latter half of 1999, arguably the best part of the Attitude Era, blood and all! was all rated PG. The WWE don't know what they want. Ruining their own shows.

It's not about the rating, it's about the sponsors.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Daniel Bryan promo should have been on Smackdown, not WWE.com. I don't think it was as good as the promos with Michael Cole on NXT, but it was better than most he's done. He's got the Money In The Bank briefcase, he should be getting a few minutes like that on most episodes.

Why does the American audience get the full uncut version of Smackdown but we don't. More and more i'm thinking of just getting rid of the Sky Sports sub and now that i know i can get 720p quality files from around 7am just a few hours after the shows end i have every reason to. If Sky wont even air the proper version or WWE don't think we are good enough to see that extra minute of footage then what is the point in me paying all that money per month? Just like sometimes when they do have a bit of risky language, sometimes we get it sometimes it's cut out while the American version just rolls on uncut and that's Raw i'm talking about. I'm fed up with it all and i'm not paying for it while we go back to the mid nineties again with edited WWE shows and being treated like children.

You know when i see for the second time in just a few weeks one side of the entire arena empty it gives me hope. Gives me hope that things are changing for the WWE and that people just can't be bothered spending anymore money to go and support this. One part of me really wants to see this happen because then they would be forced to make changes and make more of an effort but if these attendances are anything to go by then i don't need to want it, the general public are doing it all on their own.

As far as Smackdown goes, i think it's silly that we get a censored version compared to America but like i say i'm only just realising now how quickly episodes are put online and in great quality. Also i'm paying for Sky HD too and from what i've seen these 720p rips look fine to me. Saving me

Archived