SmackDown **SPOILERS**

Mr.Showtime

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many fans do you think know about blading and terms like 'getting the juice' or 'getting colour'? If you're a casual fan and you don't read news sites, wont you be a bit surprised watching WWE nowadays and you see all these NODQ matches and Hell in A Cells and no one bleeds? I know i'd be thinking wow, i remember people bleeding all the time so maybe in a way this kind of action by WWE really does expose the business. Maybe people who are naive and thought all the blood was fake are now thinking it definately is because of the WWE have pratically no blood at all in it nowadays. It must make people sit and think back even as little as 3-4 years ago just how different it was.

I like Cody, I have not seen much of since he became "Undashing" but I loved the Dashing Character, the grooming tips were awesome segments. I felt bad for him on Sunday facing the bland and boring Ted Dibase, you could hear a pin drop during that.

I never enjoyed Legacy as a faction, or bought the hype that Dibase or Rhodes could be headliners, but I still think Rhodes has some talent in him unlike Dibase who whilst been smooth in the ring, is the most bland, colourless and boring act I have seen in quite some time in wresting.

• Paid Members

I think potentially there was a lot more to be squeezed out of Legacy, especially with the momentum Orton had after punting Vince and having his stablemates help him win the Rumble. As time went on you could've added other promising 2nd/3rd generation stars to the fold. Even then you could expand on their personalities more. I'd wager that if the Dashing moniker was created during the Legacy days it would've had more exposure and more momentum.

Why is the version of Smackdown on Youtube only an hour long? Is the Australian version always an hour long? Also there is no Cody Rhodes/Randy Orton match.

There's an international version that is only an hour long that I'm assuming airs before anywhere else. Don't think it's Australian though. It's always the first version to pop up on the torrent sites on a friday.

Very good show I thought, some very solid matches and segments.

Tag match was to a good standard, Sheamus looked great again and Bryan/Sin Cara(s) was very entertaining (also a good continuation of the Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara angle).

Orton didn't hold back at all hitting Rhodes with his mask, no wonder he was busted up.

Did they show it on the Sky Sports version? And what about all the other times since late 1999 up until now that people have bled on Smackdown? Smackdown was only rated TV14 for a short while in 1999 and then it got a PG rating while Raw and Heat and PPVs remained TV14, Smackdown has been PG pretty much from the start so saying he can't bleed on a PG show is nonsense. WWE didn't even get a TV14 rating for Raw and PPVs until the latter half of 1999, arguably the best part of the Attitude Era, blood and all! was all rated PG. The WWE don't know what they want. Ruining their own shows.

Archived