Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan starting a wrestling promotion

Your Fight Site

The roster page has some pretty decent talent there- Generico, Steen, Frightmare, Hallowicked, Gran Akuma. I was expecting a list either composed entirely of burnt out veterans or entirely of new talent. Says the first event is 21+, presumably a nightclub. Could be interesting.

• Paid Members

He's been sat on the front row of plenty of WWE shows, going back years. Whilst his music is for a somewhat niche audience, he's sold good numbers so knows what his audience wants. I suppose he's got as good a chance as many others of making this work.

• Paid Members
Is there any point opening a new promotion with talent that already works for about 5 different companies? Yes, they are decent names, but people already get to see enough of them in Chikara, EVEOLVE, ROH, and wherever the hell else they apply their trade.

Doesn't stop a new promotion opening up in the UK every week.

Plus, Billy's got a fan base and presumably some money to pump into this venture. I'm interested to see where it goes.

Is there any point opening a new promotion with talent that already works for about 5 different companies? Yes, they are decent names, but people already get to see enough of them in Chikara, EVEOLVE, ROH, and wherever the hell else they apply their trade.

Well, the Smashing Pumpkins have a large fanbase and I'd say quite a few of them are casual fans of wrestling. They wouldn't have heard of the the ones you listed but if Billy Corgan is involved, the chances are they will be intersted to some degree.

Archived