Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan starting a wrestling promotion

Your Fight Site

He was a big fan of the original ECW too wasn't he? I'm sure he did an angle in 2000 and was seated for a ppv in 1999.

Not so hard to believe, especially when Rick Rubin bank rolled SMW. If he's not just going to do an XPW type deal then good for him.

• Paid Members

This will probably get a fair bit of exposure in the music press that wrestling doesn't usually get so it could be quite the small scale success. And I'm sure die-hard Smashing Pumpkins fans will check it out just because of Corgan's involvement.

• Paid Members

Corgan's always been a massive fan, he was at some old really old ECW TV tapings too.

despite the fact that Corgan is surely minted though, that website looks like it was knocked up in 2 minutes.

on a kind of related note, im thinking of going to see The Smashing Pumpkins next month.

He was a big fan of the original ECW too wasn't he? I'm sure he did an angle in 2000 and was seated for a ppv in 1999.

oh yeh, i remember him hitting someone with a guitar.

• 3 months later...

I have the first Resistance Pro DVD, Black Friday, coming in the post. Here is the card for their second show, Rise, which takes place next week.

- Kevin Steen vs Harry Smith vs The Sheik in a No DQ, No Countout, No Time Limit match to crown the first Resistance Pro Heavyweight Champion with the winner being crowned by Billy Corgan

- El Generico vs Pac

- Davey Richards vs Colt Cabana

- Melanie Cruise

Archived