Wrestlecrap Posters: Worst Wrestling Posters EVER!

Bigshowfan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're nit picking. Plenty of promoters use their mobiles for ticket sales quite successfully.

Of course they have, alot of people have successfully run businesses from their bedrooms too, its still unprofessional. Its like whenever I see a builders sign outside a house they are working on, if its only got a mobile number as a point of contact then ill completely avoid them.

• Paid Members
Of course they have, alot of people have successfully run businesses from their bedrooms too, its still unprofessional. Its like whenever I see a builders sign outside a house they are working on, if its only got a mobile number as a point of contact then ill completely avoid them.

That's your choice of course, personally I'd like to think it had something to do with the builder actually being on the job, rather than sat on his arse in a office eating bacon sandwiches! Bottom line is it's still nit picking. In fact in over 10 years this is the first time I've ever had someone take issue with a mobile number being used for ticket sales. I think we can all agree that the most impressive thing is if the venue has a box office people can call or tickets can be bought through an online vendor, but I would certainly disagree that the use of a mobile phone is unprofessional, it's just not as good as the alternatives.

Precisely, its very cowboy-like, it indicates no form of premises and there's no traceability if suddenly you dont get what you've paid for. Anyone can set up a hotmail and get a cheap pay as you go mobile.

What would you suggest out of curiosity? If the venue doesn't have a box office, I don't think there's anything wrong with mobile contact. It's smarter in the sense the promoter will never miss ticket sales and it shows dedication that the person running the show is willing to hire enquires for tickets at any time... (providing he's a normal person who usually has their mobile phone on them 90% of the time.) Hotmail on the other hand, I agree with. *insert-name*@hotmail.com does look ridiculous.

• Paid Members

I actually agreed about the hotmail bit but that's fucking ludicrous. A workman is constantly on the move, hence the MOBILE phone number.

I actually agreed about the hotmail bit but that's fucking ludicrous. A workman is constantly on the move, hence the MOBILE phone number.

A Sole Trader who is offering his own services, like a tradesman using a mobile number is fine, as you would expect to speak to them direct, however a COMPANY using a mobile number screams small time / unprofessional.

I run a small business.... i have a freephone number. It costs me less than

Thank you for the credit, how very nice.

A few from my own person collection of Shitarsery:

I was going to ask in the APB thread but Rick killed it, what is the going rate for a wrestling poster these days? I do ours but it's always good to know the prospective cost if I get too busy to do them.

Not a poster, but still, I just saw this on Facebook -

302643_10150258857145373_511110372_7979163_7002082_n.jpg

See, at least in the poster in the OP, a couple of them vaguely look like wrestlers. None of the ones in this one have even bothered to cut the sleeves off their t-shirts or invest in a pair of baggy pleather pants. They could just be four blokes who've started doing weights at their local leisure centre but are too self-conscious as of yet to train in anything other than oversized t-shirts. And the names. The names. Even leaving aside the Hate Crime Heroes, I'd like to know the story behind Miguel Burton's incongruent name - I wonder if he's doing an improbable gimmick based on the similarly named Everton reserve striker Jose Baxter? And I wonder what makes Mr Hollywood so 'Hollywood'? He doesn't seem to be especially flamboyant or snazzily dressed. Is it just because he once played Sloth in The Goonies?

I was going to ask in the APB thread but Rick killed it, what is the going rate for a wrestling poster these days? I do ours but it's always good to know the prospective cost if I get too busy to do them.

Very cheap in the wrestling industry I would imagine. So many people willing to do it for

Free, fucking up the curve.

Very cheap in the wrestling industry I would imagine. So many people willing to do it for

Free, fucking up the curve.

Yeah, I didn't imagine it would command a massive fee. I suppose there are so many shitarse promoters out there using free talent, why would they pay for posters?

See, at least in the poster in the OP, a couple of them vaguely look like wrestlers. None of the ones in this one have even bothered to cut the sleeves off their t-shirts or invest in a pair of baggy pleather pants. They could just be four blokes who've started doing weights at their local leisure centre but are too self-conscious as of yet to train in anything other than oversized t-shirts. And the names. The names. Even leaving aside the Hate Crime Heroes, I'd like to know the story behind Miguel Burton's incongruent name - I wonder if he's doing an improbable gimmick based on the similarly named Everton reserve striker Jose Baxter? And I wonder what makes Mr Hollywood so 'Hollywood'? He doesn't seem to be especially flamboyant or snazzily dressed. Is it just because he once played Sloth in The Goonies?

I like how Mr Hollywood is wearing a MICHIGAN University t-shirt.

Archived