Original Sin Cara Sent Home

BritFan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha! Brilliant! No matter who puts on that costume, they turn into a walking ricket-machine.

filming it twice must kill the audience's enjoyment but most importantly their suspension of disbelief or their actual belief, I think its pathetic. Either air the footage or dont air it, dont re-film it

• Paid Members
filming it twice must kill the audience's enjoyment but most importantly their suspension of disbelief or their actual belief, I think its pathetic. Either air the footage or dont air it, dont re-film it

To be fair, there may have not been enough footage to fill the airtime if they just "scrapped" the match entirely, and it may have been necessary to be featured due to story-lines or whatever.

It's easy to read some spoilers, hear a match was bad, and then say, "Well, they should have just scrapped it" but it may not be as easy to do as saying so.

To be fair, there may have not been enough footage to fill the airtime if they just "scrapped" the match entirely, and it may have been necessary to be featured due to story-lines or whatever.

It's easy to read some spoilers, hear a match was bad, and then say, "Well, they should have just scrapped it" but it may not be as easy to do as saying so.

I appreciate those points but they should then throw a filler match out there, they should not be re-recording in front of a live audience, I know kayfabe isnt what it used to be but thats taking the piss

Mistico was far better at hitting that run up the ropes in to a dive sequence. You could see the new Sin Cara pull off that spot far less proficiently. I think Mistico had better body language as well. Very minor detail, but his pauses and his pointing were executed by someone who knows what a big deal they are.

The change also takes the shine off a Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio match being that Mistico's career in Mexico was comparable to Mysterio's prior to signing with WCW.

Hunico is still a talent though. Lets see where this goes.

• Paid Members
Mistico was far better at hitting that run up the ropes in to a dive sequence. You could see the new Sin Cara pull off that spot far less proficiently. I think Mistico had better body language as well. Very minor detail, but his pauses and his pointing were executed by someone who knows what a big deal they are.

The change also takes the shine off a Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio match being that Mistico's career in Mexico was comparable to Mysterio's prior to signing with WCW.

Hunico is still a talent though. Lets see where this goes.

The change of wrestler kind of ruins Sin Cara for me. It creates a "Suicide in TNA" kinda situation, where it's not a specific person holding a belt, it's a character. I know wrestling is fake and all, but I dunno, not a fan of the recasting much.

• Paid Members

No way, their Lucha careers were incomparable. Mistico is one of the biggest names in Lucha Libre history and allegedly the biggest pro wrestling draw in the world over the past several years. In Tijuana Misterio was nowhere near as big as Mistico was in CMLL. Konnan I believe was a much bigger draw before they started to knock about in the States.

I appreciate those points but they should then throw a filler match out there, they should not be re-recording in front of a live audience, I know kayfabe isnt what it used to be but thats taking the piss

Its not that hard to send Teddy Long out to say Slater has complained, yadda yadda, therefore they'll be a rematch. That way they can give an explanation to the live crowd and edit it together for the TV show minus the Teddy Long bit. Piece of cake.

Its not that hard to send Teddy Long out to say Slater has complained, yadda yadda, therefore they'll be a rematch. That way they can give an explanation to the live crowd and edit it together for the TV show minus the Teddy Long bit. Piece of cake.

yeah, I thought of that after I posted, I have no criticism of them doing that, I bet they just went out and did spot for spot the same though which is what I'm bitching about

Wasn't this one of HHH's first "big" recommendations/signings? Along with Awesome Kong being out with a "long term injury", it hasn't been the best of start outs for him.

Mistico was far better at hitting that run up the ropes in to a dive sequence. You could see the new Sin Cara pull off that spot far less proficiently.

I thought it was the other way round to be honest. Hunico seemed to nail it and look great in my opinion.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mistico Cara was part of the first match and Hunico Cara the second to be honest.

Archived