Original Sin Cara Sent Home

BritFan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't this one of HHH's first "big" recommendations/signings? Along with Awesome Kong being out with a "long term injury", it hasn't been the best of start outs for him.

Yes they were, neither have turned out bad however for any reason which he can be blamed for though.

• Moderators

I'll put money on Averno being under the mask soon.

Although WWE should be real men and have Sin Cara unmask and it be Black Terry and give him a run, for he's fucking amazing. Best in the World.

I'll put money on Averno being under the mask soon.

Although WWE should be real men and have Sin Cara unmask and it be Black Terry and give him a run, for he's fucking amazing. Best in the World.

Black Terry with a run as the Mexican Finlay would be pretty awesome, for sure.

To throw my tuppence's worth in, I thought Hunico's portrayal of Sin Cara was better than Mistico's in regards to the actual 'in-ring' performance (although I haven't seen footage of the recent Smackdown re-do) but it seemed pretty obvious he had no real experience in working in front of big crowd in a non-peripheral role (the crowd connected with the character rather than vice-versa). Mistico, despite his shortcomings, knew how to interact with the crowd and that is something that Hunico has to overcome, otherwise I just don't see the Sin Cara character working out in the long-run. It's just a shame you can't combine Mistico's charisma with Hunico's talent really.

Perhaps it's the mask? There might be some problem with visibility or something. Did Mistico wear an identical one in Canada South?

• Paid Members
To throw my tuppence's worth in, I thought Hunico's portrayal of Sin Cara was better than Mistico's in regards to the actual 'in-ring' performance (although I haven't seen footage of the recent Smackdown re-do) but it seemed pretty obvious he had no real experience in working in front of big crowd in a non-peripheral role (the crowd connected with the character rather than vice-versa). Mistico, despite his shortcomings, knew how to interact with the crowd and that is something that Hunico has to overcome, otherwise I just don't see the Sin Cara character working out in the long-run. It's just a shame you can't combine Mistico's charisma with Hunico's talent really.

Hunico's definitely more 'Western audience' adept with what he does, and also seems pretty innovative with what he tries, something I didn't really get from Mistico.

As for the botching, as Loki says, maybe it's the mask? Combined with the dull blue lighting it can't be easy to see through.

• Paid Members

His Mistico mask had eye-holes, didn't it? But the Sin Cara one doesn't. So yeah, one thing to think about. And as Ron Simmons says the god-awful lighting can't help either. I think trying the over-complicated spots with guys that clearly aren't used to taking them on a regular basis is another factor. Plus, those spots don't get the biggest pops. Which spots do? The simple yet graceful springboard cross-body for one.

Archived