Harry Smith To MMA

BritFan

God I know she is an embarresment. Making out like he's the second coming of christ even though he was just bagged from the biggest company in the world.

Her tweets annoy me. They make no sense. She's like the Gail Platt of the wrestling world.

• Paid Members

I'm slightly hoping that he does well, instead of it leading to embarassment for him, but while I don't know what sort of skill level, if any, that he's at....It's much more likley that he'll end up getting an absolute pasting. It's things like "Easy for a 6'5 monster with strategy" which tells me that Smith and co. must believe that he will just walk in with some moderate training, and manhandle everyone just because of his size. We all know that isn't the case.

I also imagine that they probably believe that he will have some kind of extra-edge on all of the other guys, because of whatever moves that Stu Hart stretched him with when he was about 12 years old. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Stu's skills, or saying that he wasn't what they claimed him to be....all I'm saying, is that I imagine that they really think that he (Harry) will have an advantage on the competition, because Stu used to stretch the shit out of him years ago, or something like that.

I'm slightly hoping that he does well, instead of it leading to embarassment for him, but while I don't know what sort of skill level, if any, that he's at....It's much more likley that he'll end up getting an absolute pasting. It's things like "Easy for a 6'5 monster with strategy" which tells me that Smith and co. must believe that he will just walk in with some moderate training, and manhandle everyone just because of his size. We all know that isn't the case.

I also imagine that they probably believe that he will have some kind of extra-edge on all of the other guys, because of whatever moves that Stu Hart stretched him with when he was about 12 years old. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Stu's skills, or saying that he wasn't what they claimed him to be....all I'm saying, is that I imagine that they really think that he (Harry) will have an advantage on the competition, because Stu used to stretch the shit out of him years ago, or something like that.

Agreed in wrestling as long as your 6'5 you're a monster and can be portrayed as such even if you are a 6'5 uncoordinated goof. I smell ground and pound.

Do you reckon he's read his mothers book, must be used to the embarrassment.

• Paid Members

To be fair, it wasn't just "years ago" - he's been training in shoot for a long time at the Dungeon. When he came over to the UK in 2005 for IPW:UK, he showed us a video of the Dungeon shoot-training, with him sparring with Teddy Hart, Chasyn Rance and TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd). He was pretty handy, to say the least. Wouldn't say he'd have an advantage as such, but I'm not sure it'd be fair to call his training "moderate".

• Paid Members
He better remember in MMA it is far harder to use roids then the wwe and he got caught there

Not really. Considering that the majority of UFC events take place in Las Vegas, the Nevada State Athletic Commission's drug testing isn't the most comprehensive.

To be fair, it wasn't just "years ago" - he's been training in shoot for a long time at the Dungeon. When he came over to the UK in 2005 for IPW:UK, he showed us a video of the Dungeon shoot-training, with him sparring with Teddy Hart, Chasyn Rance and TJ Wilson (Tyson Kidd). He was pretty handy, to say the least. Wouldn't say he'd have an advantage as such, but I'm not sure it'd be fair to call his training "moderate".

I'm glad to hear that, because I would like to see him do well, and it sounds like he's doing it properly, especially if he's working with Billy Robinson. MMA's not my area though, so I can't really comment on things in too much detail, and I don't claim to, but I'm sure people can understand why I thought he might've been making the transition with the sort of short-sighted-ness that some people do that come from other sports. I hope he does well.

I know I'm being harsh but with Bulldog as his father and a Hart as his mother I wanted a pro wrestling hybrid. And am dissapointed, maybe that was his problem with wrestling couldn't live up to such high expectations. I wish him luck in mma, personally I think he will need it.

Archived