RIOT!

big mickey

The action has to be relative to the crime as well. You should only be using excessive force if excessive force is being used against you or if you feel your life is in danger. You can't just start picking off looters.

Hence the phrase "reasonable force".

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

My friend lives and works in Uxbridge and she is being sent home as the rumour is that riots will hit there at 4. Stressed that its a rumour (that hopefully isnt true) but theyre all taking nessecary precautions anyway.

Edited by KJHenley

I've said before. More police presence until the areas saturated with police, perhaps consider the use of water canons (to help with the fires as well). Surround and close off areas of trouble (high streets etc) so that they're confined to their own streets and where there is nothing to loot.

So what happens when they've exhausted there resuorces? My mates brother has been called into Croydon from Milton Keynes and is currently on a 22 hour shift. What if they cannot possibly gather enough bodies to help settle an area as big as London without depriving surrounding cities and towns of there own Police force.

I think we had the worst last night.

I would predict a few minor incidents in London tonight, but a much more uneventful night all round.

I tend to agree with this though at the same time the Police have been shown as so toothless and undermaned by recent events I wouldn't bet the house on it..

So what happens when they've exhausted there resuorces? My mates brother has been called into Croydon from Milton Keynes and is currently on a 22 hour shift. What if they cannot possibly gather enough bodies to help settle an area as big as London without depriving surrounding cities and towns of there own Police force.

Well it's a unique situation isn't it? Situations don't occur like this regularly (thankfully). But it might just have to be a case of reducing police numbers in surrounding areas and dealing with strictly emergencies for a while. This is what happens with emergency services in protracted incidents such as flooding.

• Paid Members
Because, like I have explained twenty fucking times, it is down to MORE CHOICE of being involved in crime, not a fucking certainty! Why do you think the middle class kids from the leafy suburbs aren't out there? It's just beyond me that you could have no comprehension of this.

Why do you think not everyone from the deprived areas of London is out there? What separates the looters from the other people in those communities?

I've modified Whiskey's post about, I believe it's choice that serperates these people. They're not being forced into crime.

My friend lives and works in Uxbridge and she is being sent home as the rumour is that riots will hit there at 4. Stressed that its a rumour (that hopefully isnt true) but theyre all taking nessecary precautions anyway.

Really? I think I might run down Foot Locker and teef some shoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNmQBx2WyN0

Edited by Shovanist Pig

Just out of curiosity, what would we consider reasonable force in this situation? If someone's destorying a shop with a scarf over their face should the cops be allowed to get stuck in?

In that situation it would be the force they would normally use. Grab him and arrest him. Don't see how that is any different to a similar situation in non-riot circumstances.