Smackdown Spoilers For 7/29/11

ThePhenom

Here's the Superstars match that was taped, if you are interested.

Heath Slater beat Trent Baretta.

Smackdown

HHH starts off the show in the ring talking about the title situation on Raw. He is interrupted by Christian who welcomes him to SD. HHH says its a slap in the face to interrupt him & tells him at SummerSlam he'll be defending his title against Randy Orton in a No Holds Barred match.

R-Truth comes out & says he followed HHH from Raw & talks about the conspiracy against him. HHH makes a match for tonight, R-Truth vs. Orton. He tells Christian he brought someone from Raw to face him, John Morrison. They have a good match, Christian wins with his finisher.

Backstage Teddy Long is with HHH & Zack Ryder interrupts them. HHH says he's gotta take a call but appoints Ryder as Teddy's assistant.

Wade Barrett is in the ring talking about how he should have won MITB & gotten a WrestleMania paycheck, not Daniel Bryan. Bryan interrupts & says he's gonna main event Mania. Barrett attacks him. Bryan is able to get the LaBell lock on him, Barrett taps & Bryan lets him go.

Backstage Mark Henry walks into Long's office & wants a match. Long says no one wants to get in the ring w/ him after what he did to Big Show & Kane. Ryder says he'll find him an opponent.

Tamina, Rosa & Alicia Fox def Kaitlyn, AJ & Natalya.

Video package on Justin Gabriel is shown (highlights of WWE's recent tour of South Africa).

Mark Henry defeated local guy Bobby Howard. After the match he tries to attack him with a chair but Long comes out & stops him. He says there's already one lawsuit pending & he'll find him competition. Sheamus comes out & says if he wants competition he'll fight him & slaps him. Henry goes after him but Sheamus throws him over top rope. Sheamus tries to hit him w/ chair but Henry leaves.

New Nexus defeated The Usos in a title match, so they kept the titles.

Backstage Ryder tells Long he made a match for tonight, Ezekiel Jackson vs. Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes in a handicap match.

Backstage Striker interviews R-Truth. Truth says he's ready for his match with Orton tonight.

Cody & DiBiase def Zeke.

Jinder Mahal & The Great Khali appear in crowd & talk Indian to the crowd so I don't know what was said. Everyone booed.

In the main event, Truth beat Orton via DQ.

Credit: Billy Krotchsen/Pwinsider

This looks like a brilliant show to me, it looks stacked. I'm really glad they are doing something with Zack Ryder as well.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phenom's complete 180 in regards to the current WWE product is pretty mad.

Anyway - interested to see how Morrison loses. Surely it would make sense to have Truth interfere, rather than have him return and then lose straight away clean?

Looks really good, epecially for the feuds coming out of it. I could have done without Orton vs Christian again, maybe they could have done 2 PPV's then No Holds Barred but they are always good matches and should be a bit different this time.

If we get Bryan/Barrett, Sheamus/Henry and Truth/Morrison at Summerslam it's looking good. Hopefully they all get on the show.

• Paid Members
Looks really good, epecially for the feuds coming out of it. I could have done without Orton vs Christian again, maybe they could have done 2 PPV's then No Holds Barred but they are always good matches and should be a bit different this time.

If we get Bryan/Barrett, Sheamus/Henry and Truth/Morrison at Summerslam it's looking good. Hopefully they all get on the show.

That's beautiful. Bryan will make Barrett look exciting in the ring for once and we get the two heavy hitters beating the shit out of each other. Braw!

Phenom's complete 180 in regards to the current WWE product is pretty mad.

Anyway - interested to see how Morrison loses. Surely it would make sense to have Truth interfere, rather than have him return and then lose straight away clean?

But it wa against the world heavyweight champion. If they had christian lose to someone who was returning in their frist match, it wouldnt have made the champ look believable.

The version of spoilers I have read are slightly different. In them, Triple H confirmed at the start of the show that he's signed CM Punk to a new contract. Zach Ryder found the local wrestler and accompanied him to the ring during the Henry squash, and in a segment following that he was made assistant to the GM. And at the end after the DQ Orton hits an RKO to Truth through the announce table. We'll see if those are part of the show when it gets on TV.

Sounds very much more like a Raw though, with less wrestling action. But as said above the potential Summerslam card is shaping up nicely.

But it wa against the world heavyweight champion. If they had christian lose to someone who was returning in their frist match, it wouldnt have made the champ look believable.

Absolutely agree - hence why I wouldn't have booked the match in the first place.

• Paid Members

Sounds somewhat good. I can't wait to see Shaemus bitch out Mark Henry and I hope Ryder as Teddy Long's assistant is a permeanant thing, Ryder is alot better suited to a backstage/promo type role as opposed to active wrestler and I think he will really fit in on Smackdown which is light of big characters.

However I can't see the sense in Morrison being beaten in his first match back (or giving his first match back away for free on TV) and it's bit hard to take Ezekial Jackson seriously as the "personification of domination" if he gets beaten every single week.

So judging by things the Summerslam card currently looks like:

CM Punk vs John Cena

Randy Orton vs Christian

Shaemus vs Mark Henry

Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett

R-Truth vs John Morrison

Very nice so far.

I'm happy for Zack Ryder. He's too entertaining not to be on television and a role like that will suit him down to the ground.

He's cut from the same cloth as the old Edge, Christian, Kurt Angle banter.

Bryan vs. Barrett and Sheamus vs. Henry are quite mouth watering prospects too.

Business on SmackDown just picked up!

Loving the HHH era already.

I'm delighted that Ryder is the Smackdown assistant GM. If he's officially gone from Raw though I will be sad, as I enjoyed watching live, awaiting an appearance, and the fallout on the internet declaring death to Vince when Zack isn't used. Fun times!

• Paid Members
Sounds somewhat good. I can't wait to see Shaemus bitch out Mark Henry and I hope Ryder as Teddy Long's assistant is a permeanant thing, Ryder is alot better suited to a backstage/promo type role as opposed to active wrestler and I think he will really fit in on Smackdown which is light of big characters.

However I can't see the sense in Morrison being beaten in his first match back (or giving his first match back away for free on TV) and it's bit hard to take Ezekial Jackson seriously as the "personification of domination" if he gets beaten every single week.

So judging by things the Summerslam card currently looks like:

CM Punk vs John Cena

Randy Orton vs Christian

Shaemus vs Mark Henry

Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett

R-Truth vs John Morrison

Very nice so far.

I'm a bit disappointed about the idea of Sheamus/Henry purely because both wrestlers are on a seriously hot streak right now and I don't really want either to lose. Christian may be WHC, but Henry would (in my opinion) make a fantastic top heel on Smackdown right now. I really hope he gets a run with the title soon. He's a totally unique heel on the current WWE roster.

As for Sheamus, he really should get Smackdown's title match at Wrestlemania, NOT Daniel Bryan. There's potentially big money in the Irishman getting a Wrestlemania moment, but - as much as I like Bryan - I don't see pound signs in his potential Wrestlemania showdown. They could always, I guess, have Sheamus face a big name at the big show, but I'm struggling to think of who that could be.

• Paid Members

Just watched Smackdown, great show, although I think Michael Cole's belittling of Daniel Bryan WHILE he was speaking was a little self-defeating. He almost made Bryan look insignificant - at times you couldn't even hear what he was saying. JBL played the heel commentator role brilliantly, he'd manage to put talent over while remaining heel. Cole can be entertaining, but then there are times when he's far too much.

Mark Henryy was fantastic, Ryder was funny, and Booker T made me laugh out loud on several occasions with some absolute insanity.

After the Justin Gabriel in South Africa video, when Josh Matthews said: "imagine what it feels like for Gabriel to return home to South Africa a WWE superstar, Booker how does it feel?" (of course, meaning what it's like to return home a WWE superstar) and Booker started answering thinking Josh Matthews meant what it would feel like to go to South Africa - that was brilliant.

And then of course there was the Divas match after Alicia Fox won the match. All match Booker was going on about "the scissor kick he taught Alicia Fox", and when she won with it Cole started talking about how hot she was, saying: "I bet you wish you had legs like her" and for reasons best known to him Booker answered "sometimes I wish I do."

BRILLIANCE!!

I have zero time for Jinder Mahal. He can fuck right off. Hes shit.

Good too see Truth and John Morrison hoping about shows, think wwe is having faith in them to add to each show and its great for R-Truth as he gets to develop more.

Great show.

Archived