What makes a perfect stable

kamicazze

In your opinion how many members need to be in a stable and what makes a perfect stable. I know its vague as sometimes you can get someone who plays a dual role. here is my take

One Main eventer

A tag team

An upper mid carder with huge potential

a cruiseweight or x division guy

Valet/woman wrestler

the muscle

the mouthpiece

I understand that occasionally the mouthpiece can be the main eventer and the muscle can be the woman wrestler (chyna) or anothe rmember of the group ala batista.

Here's a stable example i could use

One main eventer - Desmond Wolfe

Tag team - British Invasion

Upper mid carer with huge potertial - Burchill

X division guy - Mark Haskins

Valet - Winter

The muscle- Rob Terry

Mouthpiece - Desmond Wolfe or alex shane. Other ones i could use if he would be free is William Regal

Give your makings of a stable and an example please.

I like a main eventer/veteran manager combo like HHH/Flair. Obviously Flair also wrestled at times, but it still worked. Thinking about it, Kevin Nash would be great for a stable; he could be the mouthpiece and the muscle at the same time. He wouldn't have to wrestle, just interfere and beat people up.

Also, any good heel stable should have the tag champions at some point; it's practically wrestling law.

I reckon that's too big. I know stables like the Corporation and the nWo grew to that sort of size, but so many of the members were transitory and a bit pointless. I think the ideal size for a stable is 4-5 people, manager/valet included. That way there's just enough mic time for everyone, and, in theory, everyone should get their share of the spotlight and benefit from being part of it. I reckon if you're going to have a tag team, it should be a hard man team like the APA or the Outsiders, so they can take the role of group enforcers. Then I'd give the last spot to a good midcard-level wrestler who can knock about the IC division, and occasionally be the one that the babyface has to beat en route to a shot at the title.

Nash would be a great mouth piece for a stable. Mouthpiece and muscle in one. Sometimes though, a cowardly manager works great as a stable manager. Heel stable

Mouthpiece/Muscle - Kevin Nash

Headliner - Dolph Ziggler

Upper Mid carder - John Morrison

Valtet/womans wrestler - Kelly Kelly

Tag Team - Michael Mcguilliguty and Husky Harris

Lower midcard/ jobber - Trent Barretta

I think with John Morrison being a face, and Kelly Kelly being a face this could be an absolutely brilliant angle. Nash would take Ziggler under his wing saying he reminds him of Mr Perfect. Then Mcguiligutty comes in and says he is perfects son and is the only one who should be mentioned in same sentence. After many weeks of back and forth he takes him and Harris under his wing. Also saying Harris' father was far better. In a DX/outlaws sort of way Nash says to them to 'suck it up' and show something. So the beat down some major stars. Barretta joins after Nash helps him win following a long rivalry. Then there is a beatdown at the end of Raw on fan favourites such as John Cena and Evan Bourne and Natalya Neidhart. Out come 2 top babyfaces in Kelly Kelly and JoMo to save the day, only to turn on the babyfaces. This would draw huge heat

• Paid Members

I want to see a heel stable of megastars, like the nWo was. Hall and Nash jumped to WCW and without Hulk Hogan on TV, the ratings went to an all time high. People forget that before Bash at the Beach Hall and Nash were the hottest wrestlers in the business. When Hogan turned, it went spastic. Two WWF headliners and the biggest star in the business were the strongest group maybe ever for star power. The original nWo was star power laced, both on the microphone and as far as their ability to look good and to give the opposition a proper beat down. If they did go the route of Cena turning (a few years back), I remember I wanted to see Cena, Orton and Batista form a three man heel stable. If it was those three instead of the Nexus lads getting the air time and beating up the roster, it would have been amazing (in my opinion anyway). Cena, Orton and Batista walking out mid-match and giving someone a kicking or something like that. The disadvantage obviously is who they would go against with all that star power on the heel side, but if they had some established faces it would be class.

Thats all fantasy bullshit, but I've always liked the idea of WWE doing a version of the original nWo with a group exclusive only to their biggest stars.

• Paid Members
Mouthpiece - Desmond Wolfe or alex shane.

no_gif.gif

I really liked the Evolution set up, HHH was the main guy, Flair was there as the knowledgeable veteran and you had young guys with something different from each other. There was varity there and enough people to work together and make sense to the benifit of every one, it gave Orton and Batista a leg up, gave HHH something to work with as a device to help keep things interesting and helped keep flair involved logicically without being in the ring all the time.

• Paid Members

I thought for a brief moment that WWE may have been in the process of developing a stable of guys to fight the WWE system when CM Punk first gave that promo a few weeks back.

I thought for a moment there may be plans to intially bring Punk, Truth and Christian together, before recruiting others, to oppose Cena and Orton as they all seemed to have similar gripes and with Cena and Orton being WWEs top faces and goldenboys being the natural enemy.

Archived