Steve Austin Loves Samoa Joe

fugaziuk

Just saw this on Austins twitter page :

WWE should sign @SamoaJoe as soon as his TNA contract is up. One of my favorite workers in today's game. Needs a full green light push.

Just thought it was a random comment - he has been mainly commenting on how great Punk is and then just threw this out there.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of what people may think about Joe he still looks like he could fuck you up and he moves around incredibly well for a man of his size. Despite how poorly Joe has been booked in TNA over the past few years he continues to be incredibly popular with the audience and from the WWE's perspective a guy like him doing those those high kicks and dives has a certain "wow factor" that their audience would love.

I wish people would stop blaming TNA's booking for his shortcomings - they have repeatedly given him chances to shine, only to see him piss them away each time, whether it be with substandard performances, or going off on one backstage - regardless of whether you think he is justified or not, its unprofessional

What is most to blame for Joe's current predicament is his own laziness & apathy

If it were merely TNA's 'fault' - WWE, NOAH, NJPW et al would all be clamouring to sign him, as they will be able to see past his current employer at the 'raw talent'. As it is, none of them want anything to do with him - that speaks volumes. He's lucky TNA keep him on the books.

Dont get me wrong, I like Joe, but hes nowhere near the superstar he makes himself out to be - If I just turned on TNA for the first time today, I would take one look at him and think, 'Who does this tubby guy think he is', he gives me no reason these days to think otherwise.

• Paid Members
Regardless of what people may think about Joe he still looks like he could fuck you up and he moves around incredibly well for a man of his size. Despite how poorly Joe has been booked in TNA over the past few years he continues to be incredibly popular with the audience and from the WWE's perspective a guy like him doing those those high kicks and dives has a certain "wow factor" that their audience would love.

He looks like a fat chef and has personality of a chip butty. If you could create a wrestler not suited for WWE, all the way down to ring style, look, outfit, interview skills and shit facial hair he'd tick every box.

Its hilarious when people blame TNA's booking for the fact he's fat. What logic is that? TNA isnt booking him right, so he stuffs his face?

• Paid Members

I can't say I've ever been a fan of Samoa Joe. He just doesn't do it for me. And when he started heading to the ring with a pair of pyjamas, a cock painted on his fact, a sword in hand and an extra couple of stone, I just gave up trying to like him.

If I just turned on TNA for the first time today, I would take one look at him and think, 'Who does this tubby guy think he is', he gives me no reason these days to think otherwise.

And yet Steve Austin apparently sees potential in him. But what does he know, eh?

• Paid Members
And yet Steve Austin apparently sees potential in him. But what does he know, eh?

Means nothing, really - plenty of top-line wrestlers have gotten behind someone, and that someone hasn't necessarily always gone on to do well.

I don't think Joe is horrible - he can be quite charismatic and cut decent promos when motivated, but I still maintain he was never all that, mainly because he's got one game, and that's "beat the shit out of the other guy". He displays no capability to work with guys bigger than him and for whom he would have to sell for.

Put it this way: on face value, a Joe vs. Austin match would sound exciting, as their characters are both deadly, ass-kicking bad-asses, but the match would most likely end up a damp squib, because Joe would have to sell like fuck for Austin and work a completely different match to what he's used to, and he just can't do it.

• Paid Members

Triple H and Vince McMahon obviously doesnt see anything in him, judging by the fact Joe's contract was up earlier this year and WWE never even bothered talking to him. And I'd say are a far better judge of talent than Austin.

Actually, since TNA have tried pretty much everything with him, and failed (I can't see his current losing streak gimmick doing very well either), I think they should change their approach, and go the WWE/Big Show way, and humiliate him into getting better...

Hows about the debut of the Samoan Sandwich Eating Machine! He comes to the ring in actual pyjamas this time, showing that he's too lazy to actually get dressed, with crumbs all over him, carrying a happy meal. He takes the occasional munch as the match goes on, before he loses. He's also keen to take the match to the outside, for a concession stand brawl, where he can grab snacks.

An alternative gimmick name for this could be the 'Nation of Silence', the crowd can chant 'Joe's gonna eat you', or 'We want Six Slices (Of ham & cheese on that sandwich)' etc. Six months from now he can either waddle off to the job centre, or do something about it.

Triple H and Vince McMahon obviously doesnt see anything in him, judging by the fact Joe's contract was up earlier this year and WWE never even bothered talking to him. And I'd say are a far better judge of talent than Austin.

Trips hasn't got a particularly impressive track record when it comes to snapping up talent.

Archived