Which matches would you show to a non-fan?

brmanuk

You people are all wrong. Infact the Briscoe v Patterson suggestion is probably the closest to a good idea. What makes you all think that people who don't like wrestling will want to watch two men bleed all over the place and break bones? It all depends on who you are trying to convert. You're more likely to get people interested and entertained in wrestling if they watch a comedy bout or segment, an arena-wide brawl with silly weapons being used, or a multi-tag match with lots of flashy moves. You also need something which has great fan reactions and atmosphere to show them what they're missing.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sexxxy Eddie vs The Arsenal from Tournament of Death 3. Some of the stiffest dustbin shots ever, with the base of the can swang right into the face, plus the artery splitting and blood projectile from Eddies forearm. That was fucking sick, specially the way he starts clenching his fist to encourage the blood flow, then sprays the blood all over his face and in his mouth.

Either that or the one where Thumbtack Jack gets his cheeks pierced with the syringes and has the spot with the huge origami needles and the breezeblock against DJ Hyde from Tournament 8 I think it was.

Those two have been shown to mates of mine, and certainly reduced the element of

Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton - Backlash 2004

Edge vs. Mick Foley - Wrestlemania 22

Any TLC

Any good ladder match

Any good X-Divison matches

Tournament of death?

Cage of death?

Basically anything that would catch their eye to be cringeworthy or amazing to watch.

Super J Cup II isn't a bad shout. It has the likes of Damian and Naniwa doing fun comedy spots, but it's also got awesome stuff like Benoit/Jericho. The only problem is that it's Japanese. :(

Otherwise, Matter of Respect from 1996. It's got some genuinely great matches, a rabid crowd, great commentary, some wildness, a bunch of spectacular moves and the kind of characters that are liable to engage someone who's convinced it all men posing in their pants.

• Moderators

I'd probably just bang on some comedy wrestling. If someone thinks it's tomato sauce and "fake chairs" before watching a brutal match, they're still going to think it's all tomato sauce, "fake chairs" and crash mats after it.

I'd probably just bang on some comedy wrestling. If someone thinks it's tomato sauce and "fake chairs" before watching a brutal match, they're still going to think it's all tomato sauce, "fake chairs" and crash mats after it.

Have you seen either of the Tournament of Death matches I posted above? Sexxxy Eddie vs The Arsenal and Thumbtack Jack vs DJ Hyde? I know they aren

I'm with you on this one. Trying to justify why you watch it is basically swimming against the tide, and makes it look like you take it far more seriously than is necessary.

I'm not sure why anyone would be arsed about trying to convince their lass that what they watch isn't silly or childish. I've had to listen to all sorts of pretentious bollocks from lasses over the years about what a feminist triumph Sex & the City is, but no matter how many episodes I'm forced to sit through, to me it will always be soulless, materialistic tripe about a group of vapid middle-aged slags and their love of shoes and rich men. Everyone should be allowed their guilty pleasures, though.

Archived