IWA Mid-South has new owners

Adorable Adrian

As of 1 July 2011 IWA MID-SOUTH WRESTLING is under new ownership.

A group of undisclosed partners (at this time) have purchased IWA Mid-South from Ian Rotten.

They are planning to re-vamp the company and return it to the previously unprecedented status that it had once obtained.

More details from the new owners will be coming soon.

IWA Facebook

Thoughts on who it could be?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

How can you buy nothing? I mean, I suppose you could buy the ring and the back library but what else is there to purchase? I'm pretty sure that I could buy IWA Mid South if I wanted.

And previously unprecedented status? I swear they have never drawn a crowd of more than 400 people.

This shit is worse than 1PW now

In what way?

Were they constantly advertising shows and then cancelling without allowing any information to the paying fans? As far as I knew, they were just running small death match shows for their niche Hillbilly audiences. Not to everyone

How can you buy nothing? I mean, I suppose you could buy the ring and the back library but what else is there to purchase? I'm pretty sure that I could buy IWA Mid South if I wanted.

And previously unprecedented status? I swear they have never drawn a crowd of more than 400 people.

Well then 400 people would be the previously unprecedented status it had once obtained, that it's attempting to return itself to. And if all they drew previously to that was 50 people, then that was a fine bit o growth. God you people do like to pick holes in press releases. Of course they talk stuff up, that's what they're there for. But if you are going to pick holes, at least have the intelligence to do it properly.

IWA had some hardcore fans that really loved it, people who put it above most other stuff out there, not 1'000's granted but a few, and the press release's are for those who put it on that pedestal.

but they have had such WWE (or former WWE) wrestlers as Jamie Noble, Evan Bourne, Low Ki, Ken Anderson, Bryan Danielson and Tyler Black pass through their ranks over the years, also the likes of AJ Styles and I

Yeah, speaking of other WWE talent to perform in IWA-MS wasn't there a Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk triple threat match about eight or nine years ago? Obviously at the time Rey had yet to sign for WWE, CM Punk was just on the indy scene, and I think Eddie had not long been fired from WWE for alcohol problems?

I don

The Ted Petty Invitational tournaments were probably the only decent thing about IWA:MS

I know Ian Rotten is often regarded as a complete douche for many a reason but before it started having major problems in the mid 2000's it was a good company to be fair. I've still got a fair few of the dvd's and there are definately some very watchable shows. Jimmy Jacobs, Alex Shelley, Matt Sydal, Delirious, Tyler Black and Chris Hero, to name but a few, made their names there before ROH and others took notice of them. Im also pretty sure CM Punk started there before joining ROH in 2002. The TPI was indeed their flagship event along with the King of the Deathmatch of course. They also promoted women's wrestling fairly heavily and had many of the Shimmer girls on board before the former became its own promotion.

Archived