WWE Wrestlers Get Robbed

xear

nodq.com

- Randy Orton noted on his twitter account that over half of the roster had items stolen from their checked luggage when they reached South Africa. His luggage was untouched. There were locks on the bags that were stolen from, but they were cut off.

Earlier today, we picked up on the story that most of the SmackDown crew's luggage had been broken into yesterday while they were on a domestic flight from Johannesburg to Capetown, South Africa.

South Africa's Times Live newspaper has picked up on the story and included new details on the robbery.

John Langford, chief operating officer of Big Concerts

I wonder how this happened.

This kind of thing happens fairly often. When I worked at Gatwick Airport a load of baggage handlers and security guards were caught in a sting operation by the Police, a load of handlers and guards were ransacking luggage before it was loaded onto the aircraft and stealing anything of value that they could find. I imagine that it probably happens all the time in South Africa and the only reason it's been reported this time is because the wrestlers were part of a large traveling event that will attract a lot of media attention.

Isnt cutting locks on bags quite common too? They are allowed to search any bag so having a lock is pointless as they can just break it.

I had a bag come back to me with the padlock cut off, all that was taken were some Walmart Butterscotch Discs, I was furious.

• Paid Members

I think most airports treat luggage locked as suspicious. America were really big on this from being there before and hearing horror stories of other holidaymakers on our flight that had their luggage destroyed because they were locked. But then again, this was fresh after 9/11 so I'm not sure if they've relaxed or not. Probably not with this year being the tenth anniversary.

New airline baggage comes with TSA locks. Combination locks with master keys held by TSA in the US. Dunno if other countries have master keys too.

Obviously the presence of a key lock is a weakness, but it's better than nothing and better than having a case forced open.

Justin Gabriel have his bags left untouched being a South Africa native?

Justin Gabriel have his bags left untouched being a South Africa native?
Of course, the thieves picked up his bag and then realised it belonged to someone born in South Africa and put it back quick smartish due to their patriotism.............you knobhead. :duh:

• Paid Members
I had a bag come back to me with the padlock cut off, all that was taken were some Walmart Butterscotch Discs, I was furious.

Furious that they were stolen, or furious they were the only things you had worth taking?

Archived