Zakk Ryder and the 'new' title

Phoenix

With Ryder actually being shown defneding the 'title' is this the WWE simply allowing him to run with a fun gimmick/angle for a while or, possibly, setting up a new title?

Obviously they don't actually need yet another mid (or low) card title but the way that this has been brought about is more interesting than probably any other new title before so am interested to see where they go with this and hoping that it means that Ryder gets a chance to shine.

With Ryder actually being shown defneding the 'title' is this the WWE simply allowing him to run with a fun gimmick/angle for a while or, possibly, setting up a new title?

Obviously they don't actually need yet another mid (or low) card title but the way that this has been brought about is more interesting than probably any other new title before so am interested to see where they go with this and hoping that it means that Ryder gets a chance to shine.

I don

• Paid Members
They might as well just use it as a title belt for Superstars, since that is only available on internet in the US.

Superstars needs a real title I think. Its a really well put together. Its everything I wanted them to do with a third show, but never thought they would. Its such an inoffensive show, and you know you'll get what you expect out of it. Sometimes thats all you want from a wrestling program. The likes of Ryder and Chris Masters are usually great on there. Masters especially.

If WWE are not careful they will eventually loose Ryder to TNA and he will already be super over.

And tna will fuck it up in a week. Jeff hardy and rob van dam where more popular than Ryder is and they are pretty worthless one.

The idea of a wrestler carrying about toy replica championship belts is a bit silly. Obviously WWE are doing it more for laughs rather than some backyard fed claiming it's the real deal, but any wrestler "defending" a toy belt is positioned in such a way that they aren't considered to be at a level to challenge for a "real" championship".

I'm not sure if WWE have done anything like this before, but I've got a vague recollection of the Headbangers having toy belts in 1998 or 1999.

They might as well just use it as a title belt for Superstars, since that is only available on internet in the US.

Superstars needs a real title I think. Its a really well put together. Its everything I wanted them to do with a third show, but never thought they would. Its such an inoffensive show, and you know you'll get what you expect out of it. Sometimes thats all you want from a wrestling program. The likes of Ryder and Chris Masters are usually great on there. Masters especially.

I never used to watch Superstars but have watched most of the last several weeks shows. Last weeks episode was the best in a while, with 2 or 3 good matches.

I'm not sure if WWE have done anything like this before, but I've got a vague recollection of the Headbangers having toy belts in 1998 or 1999.

Is that when they were the NWA tag team champions on WWF TV?

Is that when they were the NWA tag team champions on WWF TV?

Nah, although that's probably the level the NWA belts were at in 1998. I think it was later in the year, it may have been after they turned heel.

Archived