Dick Togo - anyone know if he is coming to UK/Europe?

THE BESTMAN

Togo has now retired and is apparently embarking on a world tour to say goodbye to fans around the world.

He has already done the the East Coast of the States and is soon about to do the West Coast and some Australian dates.

Does anyone know if he is heading to the Uk/Europe at all?

Would love to see him in action before he is 100% done.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's an evil man, that Dick Togo. I wouldnt trust him with salt, the sneaky little sod. You could tell he was head and shoulders above everyone in Kaientai. His senton bomb was class.

That didn't answer your question, but I wanted to spread the Dick Love (oo-err).

I'd be kinda surprised if he didn't squeeze in a few dates over here. Let's not forget the legendary Michi "tour" of Britain back in 1995, not to mention them being the first "smart favourite" company to use Johnny Saint. Those guys grew up idolising guys like Dynamite and Black Tiger.

Also, I'm pretty sure when the tour was announced, he said he was going to be doing some European dates. One can only hope that someone can give us plenty of advance warning. I'd love to get me some Dick before time runs out.

I'd be kinda surprised if he didn't squeeze in a few dates over here. Let's not forget the legendary Michi "tour" of Britain back in 1995, not to mention them being the first "smart favourite" company to use Johnny Saint. Those guys grew up idolising guys like Dynamite and Black Tiger.

Also, I'm pretty sure when the tour was announced, he said he was going to be doing some European dates. One can only hope that someone can give us plenty of advance warning. I'd love to get me some Dick before time runs out.

Yeah, count me in for a lovely dose of Dick if he gets over here.

I got into going to UK shows about 2 years after the Michinoku Pro tour and was pissed off when I found out later that they had been here already and I'd missed it!

He'd have great matches with all kinds of top UK guys. I imagine a fair few UK promotions would love a chance to book a farewell "Dream match" for him.

• Paid Members

I don't really follow or spend money on wrestling these days, but Dick togo is definitely on the elite list of guys I'd travel to see. I missed my chance to see SUWA live before he retired, I won't miss this if it happens.

I never even knew there was a Michinoku Pro tour over here!!!

Anyone able to confirm talent/matches/dates etc?

They did two shows for Dixon. One had them in a six man at Croydon. Can't remember the other. It was Sasuke, Hanzo Nakajima (who stuck around for a while and appeared on one of the Dirtbike Kid shows), Tiger Mask, Sato (Dick Togo) Shiryu (Kaz Hayashi) and Terry Boy (Mens Teioh). Somebody somewhere can probably now discuss the Suckerpunch special video. Boy oh boy, did Ross The Boss ever love his MPW. :laugh:

• Paid Members
I never even knew there was a Michinoku Pro tour over here!!!

Anyone able to confirm talent/matches/dates etc?

They did two shows for Dixon. One had them in a six man at Croydon. Can't remember the other. It was Sasuke, Hanzo Nakajima (who stuck around for a while and appeared on one of the Dirtbike Kid shows), Tiger Mask, Sato (Dick Togo) Shiryu (Kaz Hayashi) and Terry Boy (Mens Teioh). Somebody somewhere can probably now discuss the Suckerpunch special video. Boy oh boy, did Ross The Boss ever love his MPW. :laugh:

(reaches for Suckerpunch back issue)

First night in Portsmouth had Shiryu vs Ricky Knight, Tiger Mask IV vs Hanzo Nakajima, Great Sasuke vs Danny Collins and Ricco the Gladiator & Rob Brookside vs Terry Boy & Sato

Second night in Croydon has Nakajima, Mask & Sasuke vs Shiryu, Sato & Terry Boy

I'm 99% sure Mark Sloan wrestled on the Portsmouth show and may even have been making his debut.

Archived