Dick Togo - anyone know if he is coming to UK/Europe?

THE BESTMAN

4FW are looking to confirm Dick Togo for one of our October events (Saturday 29th October) once confirmed we will announce but he will definately be in Europe for sure.

You are a good, good man and I shall endeavour to be there!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4FW are looking to confirm Dick Togo for one of our October events (Saturday 29th October) once confirmed we will announce but he will definately be in Europe for sure.

I wonder if IPW:UK will have a Sittingbourne show on the 30th then. I know they've shared NOAH guests in the past and Mark Sloan seemed to know a lot about Togo's retirement plans.

I was hoping for a Sittingbourne show to link in with Dragon Gate UK, but this would be pretty great too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

so is Togo gonna be over doing a training seminar (much like your Dave Taylor and Juvi ones)?

Because I think a lot of people would love to be trained by someone with such an extensive reputation and technical class as him.

Any info on whether or not there will be one?

Amazing stuff - thanks for the heads up.

I presume that people in attendance will have a chance to grab a photo/get something signed?

I'm not sure how Togo would work it, but if he is alright (Which I really can't see it being a problem) with doing that then we will make it available at the end of the event for people to meet him and get things signed, photo opportunities etc :thumbsup:

They did two shows for Dixon. One had them in a six man at Croydon. Can't remember the other. It was Sasuke, Hanzo Nakajima (who stuck around for a while and appeared on one of the Dirtbike Kid shows), Tiger Mask, Sato (Dick Togo) Shiryu (Kaz Hayashi) and Terry Boy (Mens Teioh). Somebody somewhere can probably now discuss the Suckerpunch special video. Boy oh boy, did Ross The Boss ever love his MPW. :laugh:

(reaches for Suckerpunch back issue)

First night in Portsmouth had Shiryu vs Ricky Knight, Tiger Mask IV vs Hanzo Nakajima, Great Sasuke vs Danny Collins and Ricco the Gladiator & Rob Brookside vs Terry Boy & Sato

Second night in Croydon has Nakajima, Mask & Sasuke vs Shiryu, Sato & Terry Boy

I'm 99% sure Mark Sloan wrestled on the Portsmouth show and may even have been making his debut.

Ah yes, I remember being at that Croydon show, I do believe that I was sitting with Mr Lister. Somehow, through the dark recesses of my concussion-addled memory, I remember the opener being King Kendo (Dale Preston) vs Rico the Gladiator, an American indie worker. The discussion went something like this:

LISTER: Why is Rico still over here? Wasn't he scheduled to go back to America last month?

ME: He was. But he lost his passport and so he's still here while he's getting a new one sorted.

LISTER: Oh. I see. Can't they hurry up?

I'm not sure how Togo would work it, but if he is alright (Which I really can't see it being a problem) with doing that then we will make it available at the end of the event for people to meet him and get things signed, photo opportunities etc :thumbsup:

Great stuff - please keep us updated as its a long trip for me this show and would like to get something more out of it than just see him wrestle.

Thanks again.

Archived