Football League Table Predictor Game

Glenryck Pilchards

The deadline is passed and I will be posting the first full update on Monday 3rd October, and I will be posting updates on every first Monday of the month from then on. Please remember that there will be a chance to change one team in December and that will be the only time you will be able to make one change.

In the interest of honesty and fairplay below are my picks for this season.

EPL: Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool

FLC: Middlesbrough, Southampton, Reading

L1: Preston NE, MK Dons, Sheff Utd

L2: Crawley, AFC Wimbledon, Gillingham

SPL: Celtic, Rangers, Motherwell

In the meantime here is the current standings, in October you will see everyones team and what points they have accrued.

1st Stunstone316

2nd nate diggity

3rd The Ratt

4th Seph

5th NEWM

6th TUFCfan

7th Joe Mills

8th Cheetah69uk

9th El Espanacas

10th Dork

11th fruitcorner

12th TildeGuy~!

13th tiger rick

• 1 month later...

As promised here is the end of September updte for the Table Predictor Game

1st Stunstone316

2nd The Ratt

3rd= Seph

3rd= TUFCfan

3rd= El Espanacas

6th nate diggity

7th Dork

8th TildeGuy~!

9th Joe Mills

10th= NEWM

10th= fruitcorner

12th Cheetah69uk

13th tiger rick

Stunstone316 remains in pole position for the second month running due to some great picks in League 1 and League 2 with all six of his picks are within the promotion and play off places in there respected division. The biggest winner this month is your truly as my picks have seen me rise from 9th up to 3rd which is mainly due to AFC Wimbledon's excellent form over the last month. Unfortunately for the second month running Tiger Rick is still holding the wooden spoon position due to the poor starts of Bristol Rovers and Nottingham Forest.

Below are each players selections

UKFFsepupdate.jpg

If you can't see the image clearly I will send you the Excel file directly. Next update will be on Thursday 3rd November.

• 5 weeks later...

We have a new leader at the end of October. The Ratt is now in pole position and has a seven point lead over Seph and nate diggity. Previous leader Stunstone316 has dropped like a... well you can finish your own punchline there as he is now languishing in joint 8th place along with the most improved player of tiger rick after spending the last two months at the foot of the table. The new holder of the wooden spoon position is NEWM and as a Sunderland fan he is no stranger at being bottom of the league (as a Boro fan I had to get that dig in.)

1st - The Ratt

2nd= Seph

2nd= nate diggity

4th TUFCfan

5th TildeGuy~!

6th Dork

7th El Espanacas

8th= Stunstone316

8th= tiger rick

10th= Joe Mills

10th= Cheetah69uk

12th fruitcorner

13th NEWM

The dip in form of Preston North End and Brighton has caught out most players this month, but the unpredictable nature of League 2 has still left this competition wide open.

Remember in December you will have the opportunity to transfer one of your struggling teams to one of the high fliers in the division. So keep an eye out in the division. I will upload the spreadsheet at the weekend for your perusal.

Shite, it's all gone to pot! Seems as though I'm getting let down by Preston and Leicester, amongst others. Curses. Being given a dig by a smoggie doesn't ease the pain either. Going to have to follow Rick's example and shoot back up the league quicksharp.

• 5 weeks later...

It is the start of the month, and it is time for our end of November update. The results are as follows;

1st -The Ratt - 63 points

2nd -TUFCfan - 66

3rd - Seph - 67

4th - TildeGuy~! - 73

5th - nate diggity - 74

6th - El Espanacas - 75

7th= Joe Mills - 76

7th= Cheetah69uk - 76

9th - Dork - 81

10th - tiger rick - 82

11th - Stunstone316 - 84

12th= fruitcorner - 90

12th= NEWM - 90

The Ratt maintains his lead for the second month running, however with the transfer window now upon us things will soon change. A perfect example is nate diggity who is currently being haemorrhaged by Dagenham and Redbridge who are in the relegation places in League 2. Changing The Daggers for Southend will see a massive 21 points chopped off his total and could put him in pole position.

The biggest loser is poor Stunstone316. At the end of September he was riding high as the runaway leader, but the dip in form for Brighton and Preston has let him down big time. NEWM still occupies the wooden spoon spot,but he has company in the shape of fruitcorner.

I will post the spreadsheet tomorrow after a couple of tweaks to it and I will post a graph chart of everyones progress so far. As mentioned previously the transfer window is now open. Please choose which team you would like to bin and give your replacement team. The deadline to get your picks in will be on Boxing Day to give me chance to update everything before New Years Eve. At that point I will do a comparison of what your score would have been before your pick comes into effect and after.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys

I am really sorry I have neglected this, I lost all the data on my laptop that died and I have only just recently recovered it. I have updated the table as of this morning.

1st TUFCfan 67

2nd Seph 71

3rd The Ratt 72

4th= El Espanacas 76

4th= nate diggity 76

4th= Joe Mills 76

7th Dork 80

8th tiger rick 82

9th Cheetah69uk 84

10th TildeGuy~! 88

11th Stunstone316 89

12th fruitcorner 93

13th NEWM 99

TUFCfan has raced into a comfortable lead largely thanks to the club he supports. Torquay have surged up League 2 due to winning eight out of their last ten games. TildeGuy~ has had the biggest loss of form over the last couple of months. The selection of Nottingham Forest and Wimbledon has really hurt his campaign this year. Another team's loss in form which has hurt a number of players is Preston North End, no more than reoccuring basement boy NEWM. It also doesn't help that everyones favourite Mackem* has selected Dagenham and Redbridge at the start of the season who are rock bottom of League 2.

As no one (apart from The Ratt) took advantage of the transfer window, I am going to open it up again this week until next saturday morning. If you need reminding of what teams you have selected just ask me and I will let you know who the poor performers are. Make sure you take advantage of this as this could blow the whole tournament open!

*Sorry Magnum

• 2 months later...

Once again I apologise for the lack of updates, I have had so many computer problems in the last few months it has been diffficult enough just to find a copy of the spreadsheet of the data due to a laptop and a desktop snuffing it since the New Year. However I am proud to announce that the winner of the competition is The Ratt! He finished well clear of nearest rival TUFC Fan. Below is the final standings (You might want to look away NEWM).

ukfffinal20.png

The Ratt will be receiving a bottle of Champagne for his success.

• Paid Members

Subbing Swindon in would've won the damn thing. How did I drop so far in two months? :crazy:

• Paid Members

I want to thank El Espanacas for running this. It was an interesting twist on the usual prediction leagues. I'm just hoping I don't follow winning this by finishing last in the one Fog Dude runs on here, which is a distinct possibility at the moment

Archived