The "Do you still listen to the radio?" thread

Cobra1000

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a massive radio enthusiast and spend hours listening to different shows.

My favourites are Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show on BBC6Music on Saturdays. Awesome music, Charles is a great host and mixes his humour with his obvious knowledge of this type of music.

Still listen to old Adam and Joe podcasts from the 6music and XFM days. I miss waking up listening to them on Saturdays :( . Mark Lamarr's Radio 2 show was outstanding also.

When I'm not listening to BBC 6Music I'm on Absolute Radio 90's. An absolute gem of a station and only highlights my hate of the current music scene/how old I'm getting/

I absolutely love Test Match Special - one of life's real pleasures is lying out in the sun on a balmy British summer's day listening to TMS on a little portable radio.

• Paid Members

Talksport is really the only thing I listen to through the day. Lots of people on here slate it loads, but still always seem to be listening!

I'll listen to the breakfast show, I don't mind Brazil so much but Ronny bores me to tears and comes across like a nodding dog. H&J are always a nice listen early afternoon and I try and listen to Drive with Durham when driving home. I really dislike Darren Gough. He comes across a bit of a knuckle dragger and always throws the 'Back when I were playing cricket' references into anything he possibly can, always trying to make comparisons and draw attention to his own career.

Oh and a little bit of Nation Radio.

• Paid Members

Danny Baker on BBC London when I can, most things on Radio 4 that aren't either plays, Women's Hour or the Archers are worth a listen. Frank Skinner on Absolute on Saturdays if I'm up. Adam and Joe on 6Music when they can be bothered.

I'm a massive radio enthusiast and spend hours listening to different shows.

My favourites are Craig Charles Funk and Soul Show on BBC6Music on Saturdays. Awesome music, Charles is a great host and mixes his humour with his obvious knowledge of this type of music.

Still listen to old Adam and Joe podcasts from the 6music and XFM days. I miss waking up listening to them on Saturdays :( . Mark Lamarr's Radio 2 show was outstanding also.

When I'm not listening to BBC 6Music I'm on Absolute Radio 90's. An absolute gem of a station and only highlights my hate of the current music scene/how old I'm getting/

Well you have missed their show for the last couple of months then! they have been back since April and they presented a large brunt of the Glastonbury coverage on 6Music. They are in their usual slot of 10am-1pm on a saturday.

Well you have missed their show for the last couple of months then! they have been back since April and they presented a large brunt of the Glastonbury coverage on 6Music. They are in their usual slot of 10am-1pm on a saturday.

Really? I listened into the Glastonbury stuff but I thought it was a one off.

Aye can't exactly when they rejoined but it has been at least since April and I am sure they are contracted until the end of the year.

Awesome. Are they still doing the Podcast, if so I'll just catch up that way.

Yep, podcast is available weekly from BBC website and itunes I believe. You need to track down a show from a few weeks back where Adam was doing an impression of PBC OBE (Prof Brian Cox) it was hillarious. " Think of the biggest toffee in the whole world well...... its bigger than that!"

Archived