The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

Yeah sorry, it probably was singling you out unfairly - I'm just looking out for number one, and Pompey are probably the most likely of the bottom 3 to pass us.

It's ridiculous. We run a tight ship. We have no debt. We don't have a pot to piss in. We have to get by on young players from the academy, and punts on lower league unproven players. Yet it's so frustrating when other clubs pull a signing out of a hat.

If you look back a couple of pages, I praised your fans when you came to Oakwell 6 weeks ago. I've nothing against Portsmouth fans - its just that the finances of football, and in particular Portsmouth, baffle me.

Me and you both. I wish we were well run like you guys. After the last administration I hoped we could get our heads down and just play football, nice mid-table football. Then we had owners, cotterfool and ceo's that had learned nothing and went for 'quality over quantity' running up huge wages again. The 50k we pay Tel Bem Haim a week is disgraceful but it was done before we got relegated so we can't do anything about that.

If we can survive as a club, we have a fantastic manager now that can help us rebuild as a club that lives within it's means. We didn't learn the first time, hopefully we will the second. We won't be the last though, how much have Leicester lost this year? What happens if Brum or West Ham don't get promoted?

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cotterill is a strange one. I hear that the journalists at every club he's at pray that rumours of his departure are true because he's so nasty and vindictive. I heard that about both Burnley and Portsmouth.

What's the deal with the stadium though? Is there seriously nowhere on Portsea Island?

Bold selection from the boss today vs Boro

James Dropped, Pitman and McAllister not even in the squad

Ephraim and Bikey included

Hopefully wont be thrashing 96 million of the season/

And Hogan scored with a cool finish.

It's like nobody actually want to get in the playoffs. Leeds took a shoeing midweek and now they're back in it. Nice to see Lee Probert at it again though, incompetent cretin.

It's like being in the Premiership all over again for Cov. Waiting until the last 2 months of a season to start playing.

I didn't like it then and now that i'm older and my heart is, presumably, weaker it can properly get to fuck. If we stay up though, I think Thorny needs a knighthood. I'd say by a mile we have the weakest squad in the division.

We've got to go Ashton Gate and have Millwall, Peterborough and Doncaster all coming to FORTRESS RICOH!!1. If we can get 7 points from those games, I think we've got a real chance.

It's like being in the Premiership all over again for Cov. Waiting until the last 2 months of a season to start playing.

I didn't like it then and now that i'm older and my heart is, presumably, weaker it can properly get to fuck. If we stay up though, I think Thorny needs a knighthood. I'd say by a mile we have the weakest squad in the division.

We've got to go Ashton Gate and have Millwall, Peterborough and Doncaster all coming to FORTRESS RICOH!!1. If we can get 7 points from those games, I think we've got a real chance.

I reckon you'll win at our gaff, and that that match will be pivotal in deciding who goes down.

Our forum faithful, seem to think that we are suddenly going to come into a rich vein of form and get at least 10 points (meaning we will have 46 and above) from our last 7 games when we have only got 12 points from our last 16 games and have the worst form of anyone in the league other than Barnsley over the last 8 games.

It's certainly going to be close

• Paid Members

Went to Leicester on Saturday. We dominated the opening 15 until they equalised and then the flukey winner knocked the stuffing out of us. They were absolutely shit. They spent the last 20 minutes of the first half playing like an away team. Credit to them, they defended well when they had 10 but we were just awful. No pace, no spark, no invention, no threat from distance and no set piece threat. We looked absolutely drained.

Despite 3 poor results, we are STILL 3 points off the play-off's and we've played less games than Brighton, Blackpool and somebody else. Game in hand is at Pompey tomorrow night. We then have Coventry at home on Saturday. They were shocking when we went to the Ricoh but typically have picked up now. We've got Boro to play at home and West Ham away on the final day. Otherwise, we've got Pompey, Cov, Forest, Barnsley, Millwall and Watford. If we don't finish in the play-off's after that lot, we've only got ourselves to blame.

I don't fancy us against Hull and it's not the time of the year where we need our momentum to stop; if we can keep Norwood and Nimely available to receive the ball we might be good for a point.

Olly Norwood has been an absolute revelation.

• Paid Members

Anyone who can pack out their defence can take a point off us. Especially as Robert Koren is out for 3 weeks. If you come out and play, we'll make chances but if you sit in and defend, we can't break teams down.

• Paid Members
How's Nimely done at Cov?

From what iv'e seen he's worked hard and grabbed the odd goal but when it comes down to one on one he often fluffs it. He's definitely the best they have at the minute though. They've been raving about Norwood recently.

Nimely's good, and of what we've got he's certainly the best. He'll never make a top player, though.

He's fast and unafraid of taking players on but he doesn't make smart decisions and has limited final product; his main skills seems to be drawing a penalty or a free kick in a dangerous area.

Shitting it tonight against Hull. After the players bottled it against Coventry, all the momentum from our Brum win has gone. Varney (who seemed to be in a sulk because he didn't go to Forest) is going to be dropped, hopefully Fuctacs is up for it. If we don't pick up any points tonight, I think it's game over.

Archived