WORLD Wrestling Entertainment

SK8_WAR

Has there ever been a time where so many of the main roster came from countries outside of North America?

Mexico - Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, Ricardo Rogriguez

Japan - Yoshi Tatsu

England - Wade Barrett / Layla

Wales - Mason Ryan

Scotland - Drew McIntyre

Ireland - Sheamus

India - Great Khali / Jinder Mahal - represented as being from India

South Africa - Justin Gabriel

Ghana - Kofi Kingston

I've probably missed a few too.

So has there ever been a time where there's been so many international performers in the WWE?

Is this a conscious decision by WWE to appeal to their worldwide audience, or are the performers from around the world better than their American counterparts?

I believe this is the first time a wrestler from all the UK nations has been represented at one time in the WWE. Plus with a South African wrestler in Gabriel...if I were an Australian wrestler I'd be stepping my game up, as the WWE often do tours Down Under and Australia/New Zealand are the only major English-speaking nation(s) without a superstar at present. So anyone know of any Aussie wrestler who could make it?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, both Haste and Nicholls did the 3 month tour in NOAH and looked pretty impressive.

Chinese wrestler in NOAH? Never heard of that, also never heard of any Chinese wrestlers outside of the Bitch from SMASH and Soshun from All Japan.

Sorry mate, I

Has there ever been a time where so many of the main roster came from countries outside of North America?

Mexico - Alberto Del Rio, Sin Cara, Ricardo Rogriguez

Japan - Yoshi Tatsu

England - Wade Barrett / Layla

Wales - Mason Ryan

Scotland - Drew McIntyre

Ireland - Sheamus

India - Great Khali / Jinder Mahal - represented as being from India

South Africa - Justin Gabriel

Ghana - Kofi Kingston

I've probably missed a few too.

Yup.

Italy - Santino

Russia - Kozlov

South America - Zeke Jackson

Puerto Rico - Primo

Japan - Yoshi Tatsu

Not sure it's valid in this day and age, looks like there's no wrestling scene in China simply because people don't care too much for this type of spectacle. We can also look at another large country like India as a similar example where wrestling never really gets a lot of publicity and a lot of attempts to build a local scene have pretty much failed.

Yeah, there is wrestling in Honk Kong (http://www.hkwrestling.com/2011/) and Taiwan (http://www.twt-wrestling.com/).

Archived