OPWO Scorn 2: The Rebirth Of OPWO

FishAndChips

Bit peeved this show's not going ahead, but not surprised to be honest. Was gonna be my big comeback on the Brit wrestling scene as a manager. Managing who... i don't know. At least I told her I wanted to be a manager, rather than emcee, my more usual role back in the day.

Fact is, I had no communication from Shannon/Mel in about two months or so after we'd agreed I'd be on the show (I'd known her ten years ago through Andy Hogg- always was a mixed up kid). I'd said I'd work unpaid and give her any help she needed, in any way, shape or form, as I was really wanting to get back into things after being away for so long.

About a week and a half ago I logged onto Facebook. She happened to be online at the time and sent me a chat message wanting advice on how to promote the show. Two weeks before the show! Surely the sort of thing that should have been thought of when first planning the show. And I've never promoted a show before (unless you count all the internet write ups I used to do for the old FWA)!!! Had a feeling then it might be cancelled. Not entirely convinced it was just down to licensing issues.

To be honest, going back to me saying she was mixed up- if anyone has her as a friend on Facebook, some of her statuses are testimony to that. Hardly cast her as the sort of person who should be promoting shows in the first place.

Oh yeah, almost forgot- I said I'd do some old style hype for the matches for the OPWO Facebook page, if she could send me her booking plans so I could see what rivalries there were, wrestlers' characters. etc. She said she had no booking plans, these were just matches.

All in all I sum it up thusly: the 6 Ps: Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Honestly don't think there was any..

facebook statuses? I fucking loved the one 3weeks where it took her 70comments to try top herself. I thought and thats my local competition eh? lol

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bit peeved this show's not going ahead, but not surprised to be honest.

All in all I sum it up thusly: the 6 Ps: Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Honestly don't think there was any..

Sorry mate, but my old man always thought me the 7 Ps PROPPER Preparation and Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance ;)

:laugh: Fair dos. I'm guessing the way I was taught it was meant to be more efficient! ;)

• Paid Members
Wonder what Sprules' thing is with June 25th - its the same date APW was meant to launch :(

this had nothing to do with Sprules

You can't possibly know that for sure.

OPWO is run by the ex-Mrs Sprules.

Mr Sprules was last seen begging for money under the premise that it was to finance a hip new teen drama. The script is online, should anyone wish for a worthy successor to Anglo Force.

Unless there has been recent changes, Mr Sprules and the ex-Mrs Sprules are not friends.

I hope these two lasses don't turn up. I' not gonna e-mail or post to them about what I've heard from here for fear of them thinking I'm some kind of stalker, but I only got this today:

untitled-6.jpg

Anyone know if these girls or indeed any of the talent / referees etc turned up without knowing of the falling through of the card?

Sorry mate, but my old man always thought me the 7 Ps PROPPER Preparation and Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance ;)

:laugh: Fair dos. I'm guessing the way I was taught it was meant to be more efficient! ;)

More efficient maybe, but less proper. :)

I hope these two lasses don't turn up. I' not gonna e-mail or post to them about what I've heard from here for fear of them thinking I'm some kind of stalker, but I only got this today:

untitled-6.jpg

Anyone know if these girls or indeed any of the talent / referees etc turned up without knowing of the falling through of the card?

The Blossoms got contacted by other people so didn't turn up. Don't think anyone else did. The OPOW July event has also disappeared and Hedges doesn't seem bothered now.

Archived