OPWO Scorn 2: The Rebirth Of OPWO

FishAndChips

I agree hitman, I think the fans on here are trying but I think the wrestlers arent as bothered. The motivation for the punters is to save each other wasted time and money but if (some) wrestlers get paid they arent bothered about the bigger picture. I'm not condemning them for it as I can understand the need for the job but I dont think many wrestlers are arsed about who they work for

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not just that it's when they work for a company that has a rep like ptw or opwo but also when they go and work for other companies that are just as shit for not paying their talent or for false advertizing talent or whatever just cos their ego wont allow them to tell these guys to fuck off then when this place reveals whats going on and points out the facts it gets branded a cancer on the business when all this place is doing is trying to stop both talent and fans from being shafted.

it'll never change either this same cycle is gonna keep on happening and we might as well just resign ourselves to it for when gauntleys back or when opwo resurface again or whoever else that has shafted talent and fans continue to run truth is the wrestlers dont care as long as their face is on a poster.

Maybe it's not their ego that's in control, and more they're want to wrestle for money? Or am I being crazy? You know, like...

I'm not condemning them for it as I can understand the need for the job

...is suggested here? I mean, god forbid they actually choose to not give a fuck what a fan forum thinks of it. I certainly don't have any sympathy for anyone who doesn't get paid from a reputed shitarse, but I certainly won't begrudge them looking for this payday, and I know you'll probably come out and say neither do you, but it's quite obvious that this isn't the case.

wrestlers are coming together to stamp out the shitarses

Eh?? Since when?? They were going to take the booking of this very show until it got announced it was cancelled they also take bookings at other shitarse companies like ptw so how exactly are they stamping out the shitarses??

Knew you'd comment, you rotund cunt. Where do you think I get most of my info? From wrestlers that are sick of bullshit useless promoters, I don't just make it up you know. People aren't going to turn down paying work are they, If Jonny Storm gets

choosing to go and work for companies that have a reputation on here (and elsewhere ) for not paying their talent has to be considered as a ego thing why else would you work for someone you know probably is gonna shaft you? And lets face it theres been plenty of info regarding opwo for most sensible guys to tell them to fuck off.

choosing to go and work for companies that have a reputation on here (and elsewhere ) for not paying their talent has to be considered as a ego thing why else would you work for someone you know probably is gonna shaft you?

On the offchance that they might get a payday probably? In most cases it'll beat whatever else they had on that weekend.

As for info, it's not as if there is THAT much info on here, is there? The older threads are long gone. The only time real problems have been mentioned in this thread was after the mass exodus.

And why do PTW get included here. They pay their talent.

You fancy talking out of your arse some more now?

On the offchance that they might get a payday probably? In most cases it'll beat whatever else they had on that weekend.

A payday off a company that has a history of not paying talent? Cos THIS TIME they'll definately pay them right?

As for info, it's not as if there is THAT much info on here, is there? The older threads are long gone. The only time real problems have been mentioned in this thread was after the mass exodus.

So they'll not have read those threads then or seen them mentioned in various other shitarse related threads then?

And why do PTW get included here. They pay their talent.

So due to the fact ptw ''pay their talent'' theat companies not a shitarse one that books some absolute dregs on it then? alright then

You fancy talking out of your arse some more now?
]

Behave theres nothing wrong with me stating i think anyone taking bookings with the likes of opwo have to be idiots since they know the past history of this compay theres a 99.9% chance the show wasnt going to run or people weren't going to be paid cos thats what happens when the mongs running it come along!

so jump off the high horse cause you'd probably take a pay off of free tickets to turn a blind eye

Yeah..cos thats what i've done since posting on here right? whenever theres been any typeof shitarsery done ive gone and said eh i wont say anything as long as ya give me free tix to your shows... i've lost count of the number of times i got in touch with gauntley etc and said eh dont worry about the fact youve misadvertized this guy or tried scamming those fans just give me a ticket and i wont say anything.. amirite

oh wait i actually posted the stuff i got told to stop people being scammed but anything that helps ya think otherwise eh...

A payday off a company that has a history of not paying talent? Cos THIS TIME they'll definately pay them right?

Jesus christ.

So due to the fact ptw ''pay their talent'' theat companies not a shitarse one that books some absolute dregs on it then? alright then

Holy shit. Is this for real? Who are you to decide where someone gets paid? Jonny Storm gets paid to wrestle for PTW. Good for him. Why should it be his business to care about anything other than getting paid? I commend the ones who decide not to out of principle, but don't go thinking that it's not "alright" to take your bookings where you can.

To think that you're the one complaining about egos. Yours is far bigger than anyone you're complaining about if the above is anything to go by.

Behave theres nothing wrong with me stating i think anyone taking bookings with the likes of opwo have to be idiots since they know the past history of this compay theres a 99.9% chance the show wasnt going to run or people weren't going to be paid cos thats what happens when the mongs running it come along!

Actually, you ignored...

...so again, what's this about OPWO's past? All I could remember from last time where the two shows that actually happened. It was only when Airboy mentioned the cancelled show that I remembered, and that was after the mass exodus. Come to think of it, why didn't YOU mention it when I suggested that it might only be a shit draw and nothing else? Could it be that YOUR memory wasn't so good either?

you dont check the ukff gold section?:

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=93286

plenty of info there regarding their last shows and the fact sprules was trying to set up a new company under a fake name.... theres also people in it who posted saying talent hadn't been paid...

As for the ''who are you to decide where someone gets paid? i wasn't aware i had decided that? I merely stated to say a companys not a shitarse company cos it pays talent is ridiculous i mean is that the standard we're holding our for in britwres? It doesnt matter how shit the company is how bad the talent is or how crap and shortsighted the booking is so long as some of the talent are paid? in which case the next time opwo try running (and if they do get a show) and pay just one person we cant then call it a shitarse due to that? wow i didnt realise peoples expectations/demands of britwres were so low to accept that i mean wheres the pride?

i do have a ego though of course i thought it was ukff rule#3 get a ego before posting...

PTW does NOT pay their wrestlers. He obviously pays Storm and any other top tier talent but the rest of the card wrestle for free. He very rarely has any top talent on nowadays.

There is no way Peter can afford to pay for the venue, ring, advertising and talent etc with less than 15 paying fans at his last show, even when they have more fans its just not doable on his attendance figures... Unless peter got a budgeting loan, crisis loan or community care grant from the dole that is!! They also do charity events. Charity events = free workers

I know a few wrestlers that are still owed money from a few years ago when peter couldn't afford to pay sykes for the ring or the 30+ workers either!

Also from another show where a very young child got injured by empty chairs flying around I know for a fact that wrestlers are still owed money.

Back onto opwo... Mel has not learnt her lesson and has not listened to any advice from the decent promotions that has offered to help her.

i just hope any fans/wrestlers who were going to the show have found out its off and save them losing any money from traveling to the venue as a friend of mine just sent me a message on facebook asking i was going-i just doubt Mel/Shannon has made contact with all the 75(rough estimate) wrestlers that were booked!

Bit peeved this show's not going ahead, but not surprised to be honest. Was gonna be my big comeback on the Brit wrestling scene as a manager. Managing who... i don't know. At least I told her I wanted to be a manager, rather than emcee, my more usual role back in the day.

Fact is, I had no communication from Shannon/Mel in about two months or so after we'd agreed I'd be on the show (I'd known her ten years ago through Andy Hogg- always was a mixed up kid). I'd said I'd work unpaid and give her any help she needed, in any way, shape or form, as I was really wanting to get back into things after being away for so long.

About a week and a half ago I logged onto Facebook. She happened to be online at the time and sent me a chat message wanting advice on how to promote the show. Two weeks before the show! Surely the sort of thing that should have been thought of when first planning the show. And I've never promoted a show before (unless you count all the internet write ups I used to do for the old FWA)!!! Had a feeling then it might be cancelled. Not entirely convinced it was just down to licensing issues.

To be honest, going back to me saying she was mixed up- if anyone has her as a friend on Facebook, some of her statuses are testimony to that. Hardly cast her as the sort of person who should be promoting shows in the first place.

Oh yeah, almost forgot- I said I'd do some old style hype for the matches for the OPWO Facebook page, if she could send me her booking plans so I could see what rivalries there were, wrestlers' characters. etc. She said she had no booking plans, these were just matches.

All in all I sum it up thusly: the 6 Ps: Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Honestly don't think there was any..

Archived