Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

Also Bristep, you say two groups of three against seven town unbalances the game, but the scum still have to try and eliminate each other if other games are to go by.

I really don't like how you discounted that, your overall play has been all over the place, plus you claimed when I didn't feel you needed to.

Vote: Bristep123

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There wouldn't just be a scum leader and doctor in one group, so there has to be more than two in the triad, hence why I keep saying I believe the Tri in Triad means three.

Four would probably unbalance the game, but not knowing the full set up, that is just my guess.

That is a bit of a quick FOS when I was just stating a feeling, with no evidence, so was not going to pursue that.

I think I am now either on to something, or you just over reacted for no apparent reason, so I am going to go back and look through yours and Rons posts and see if there could be anything there.

There's no reason to suspect that there would even definitely be a leader in the scum groups, especially if it's 2 teams of 2. Remember the scum game Swift and I played? Roleblocker and Goon was all we were. Seems like someone might have just shared more information than town would naturally have.

Interesting that if that had been the other way around, I bet you'd have claimed to be quite within your rights to point out the potential flaw in my logic. But since it's this way round, I'm 'over reacting'.

Alarm bells going off all around this one.

Also Bristep, you say two groups of three against seven town unbalances the game, but the scum still have to try and eliminate each other if other games are to go by.

I really don't like how you discounted that, your overall play has been all over the place, plus you claimed when I didn't feel you needed to.

Vote: Bristep123

I really don't like how you discounted the fact that my claim was needed.

Simply put, 2 teams of 2 scum seems to me to be the logical bet. 2x3 scum and 7 town makes it hella hard for town to get a win. I think that based on the numbers, it makes a more balanced game with 4 scum (maybe 5 if we have a serial killer). Certainly seems to hold more water, especially when your supporting evidence is wordplay

Here's an interesting theory. You're the Triad scum, Ron is the Tong scum. You're pretty sure Ron is lying, and that he's going to come in and confirm that yes, indeed he did shoot me. Ron is facing a lot of questioning today, so if he flips you've got me lined up nice and early.

It's an interesting THEORY, but if you say anything against it I'll say that "I really don't like how you discounted my theory" and vote for you.

If you're town, think about what you just did. Think about it. You voted for me, BECAUSE I DISAGREED WITH YOU. Threw in some throwaway comment about my play being "all over the place" without any real quantification. Do you not see how that could look, well, scummy?

• Paid Members

No deaths tonight? That's interesting, and gives us information, and questions.

First off, it confirms that the day kills are scum, pretty much. Any problems with that being stated now as fact? I'd have expected another death last night if not. However, we didn't get a kill during dayphase of day two. This suggests that the daykiller was a one shot deal (or something similar).

So, I'm going to put forward a theory:

One of the scum groups is a cult.

No other night kills suggests that the only person who has been nightkilling has been Ron.

A scum game with no night killers? That doesn't ring true to me.

So, I reckon that Ron is scum. Anyone else?

• Paid Members

I submitted a night kill but I was PM'd to be told my action was unsuccessful.

For the people who suspect I'm scum leader - why would I have chased Dazz if that was the case when I'm ALREADY going to be in the firing line from the Triad scum after claiming town vig? That wouldn've left my team down two members, and given there's two teams and 12 players I suspect that means we've two two man teams.

I went after Snake Plissken - I wondered if no Snake and no day kill was more than a co-incidence.

It's funny though ron, you go after Snake when you had a good way to at least part way confirm yourself and Bristep.

Also the talk about scum leaders is silly, i doubt we have any - with a watcher and probably a tracker / other half informative roles on the town side as opposed to a cop 'guilty' results are not going to be given as well.

The 'tong' group were at an advantage for a while there, the Triads wouldn't have known about their existance, kenny could have died at an sk or vig's hands. The only person who mentions the possibility of 2 scum groups prior to the flip which made us all aware was Finlay, when questioning dazz on the 'evil people' remark, however, that just seems like a spot on read to me, since to want Dazz lynched he'd need to be Triad and as far as we know, triads had no information of the second team.

A cult is possible i guess as opposed to 2 scum groups, although would cults likely have a doctor or goon in them?

Anyway will read through some more later as i've just woke up and i'll put more out there then

• Paid Members

Chris, my point is that if there are two scum groups, where are the kills?

One is daykill - which didn't happen yesterday, so could be a one shot. The other has to be night kill, right? If Ron is a Vig, and he's been blocked, where's the scum night kill last night? And the deaths that weren't down to Ron for that matter.

If there are two scum groups, isn't it more likely that Ron's scum than that he's a town vigilante?

• Paid Members

There are an awful lot of assumptions going here around the kills. If im perfectly honest I have no idea whats going on. Either we have some Uber Crack Commando style Doctor and Roleblocker who have managed to protect the right people or there's some kind of weird game mechanic going on. Now im not about to start trying to out guess the mod. But as you rightly said Chris why didn't Ron confirm who he shot? And while we are on that If Ron is a Vig, then we should have had 3 kills? Really? Then Bri's plan for Ron to shoot him becuase he's bulletproof? Maybe scum buddies together? WHo knows currently.

Oh and ROn what a wonderful piece of WIFOM and set up play, suggesting becuase I wasn't around there was no kill in the last day phase. As you would know if I was some kind of day killing scum I could have still managed to get the kill in because I would have PM'd it to Carbomb before I left in the day phase...

So currently Mr B. Im in agreement with you that I think Ron is more likely Scum than Vig as evidenced by my FOS. So as he's now gone on a wishy washy V/LA for a not known amount of days people aren't going to vote on him becuase he's not here to defend himself?

• Paid Members

That doesn't mean he's wrong about you, Snake. Two scum groups are going to be trying to lynch each other - that's a good thing for town, as it means they can block each other a little bit from killing town.

But if you're scum, he'd still be trying to lynch you.

That said, I'd expect that Carbomb would allow a team to put through an action for a V/LA - it's unfair for the team to lose out in that situation, and we've done it in other games.

Vote Ron Simmons

Then Bri's plan for Ron to shoot him becuase he's bulletproof? Maybe scum buddies together?

To clarify, that was Chris Stone's plan, I at no time said Ron should try and shoot me last night. I don't buy that you were the right target for a vig last night either, it smells of lies and Ron should swing today.

More later when I'm not on my phone.

• Paid Members

Bri sorry for that. I remeber reading it, but I assumed it was you. Looks like things are looking like we are starting to agree for the Ron lynch then?

Bri sorry for that. I remeber reading it, but I assumed it was you. Looks like things are looking like we are starting to agree for the Ron lynch then?

I'd say so.

although, I'd say that if we have 2 scum groups, both with kills a 3rd party is quite likely.

I said before the night phase that if ron shot anyone but Bristep, i wanted a case put against the person that was stronger than you'd expect a lynchable case to be - I don't see how taking a pot-shot at snake for the reason given was pro-town.

I know trying to out guess the mod is kind of pointless, but we do need to try and work what we have into viable situations, if only to rule out some situations.

Thing is, so far we only have 2 confirmed kills / attempts and we know that they had to be from different people. We know that Ron was stopped from killing last night and i don't see reason for Snake to have been protected, which makes me feel that Ron was either roleblocked or a jailkeeper or some such was on him with protection.

Day 1 - Brownie (watcher) died - Day killer

Night 1 - Kenny died (triad) - Night killer

Day 2 Lynch - Dazz Goon (Tong)

Interesting thing is this: If Ron is Tong: Unless he was the leader, Dazz would likely have been the one to have killed Kenny.

If ron is Triad: He decided to take the death of Kenny and make it seem to be him who had done it, this helps confirm his claim.

Through the death of Kenny, we can assume that if either of the scum teams kill in the day, it would be the Triads, as it's likely (if not a vig ron) that the tong took him out in the night.

We can't assume that to be truth though.

there has been a distinct lack of kills in this game, a good thing but it makes information slightly harder to get. It's time to look through those who defended Dazz, i'd say looking at that in regards to this lynch attempt as opposed to the one kenny put on him would be most useful but if we have one person defending each time (no matter how right they were to do so the first time) that may well be our hidden tong member.

• Paid Members

Hang on I missed something there, Ron said he shot me? Huh? Where did he say that? Right he's definetly scum in my books OOooohhhh YEEaah!

Sorry forgot in my 'Savage' moment to end that post properly

Vote Ron Simmons

I submitted a night kill but I was PM'd to be told my action was unsuccessful.

For the people who suspect I'm scum leader - why would I have chased Dazz if that was the case when I'm ALREADY going to be in the firing line from the Triad scum after claiming town vig? That wouldn've left my team down two members, and given there's two teams and 12 players I suspect that means we've two two man teams.

I went after Snake Plissken - I wondered if no Snake and no day kill was more than a co-incidence.

I read it as he went after you.

Archived