Which do you prefer?

Jetta's G-string

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

American Wrestling - Very entertaining, very much storyline based.

British Wrestling - If it isn't the British wrestling that is promoted as American style wrestling then i don't see much of it around.

Japanese Wrestling - Quite watchable and getting into the hang of watching more of it.

Mexican Wrestling - AAA and CMLL obviously the top federations are the two i watch regularly.

Different preferences at different times.

From 90-97 it was US stuff, WWF mainly, and likewise for the first half of the '00's. But i disliked the Attitude years so as it coincided with me discovering the internet and finding out about what else was going on, I turned to Japan and Mexico from 98 onwards. The Japan thing lasted from around 98 until maybe '02 and covered mostly Mpro, FMW, 98-99 AJPW/00-02 NOAH, NJPW juniors from the mid 90s, and Toryumon in it's first couple of years (before the Crazy Max/M2K feud).

My interest in Mexico (well, CMLL) lasted a lot longer, and continues right up to this day, although the past 3 or 4 years have been shite, relatively speaking.

Overall though, US wrestling is what i grew up with. I've watched WWF almost continuously from 1990-2005 and sporadically between then and now. I missed a lot of WCW from the 90s but have enjoyed watching it retrospectively over the last decade. So the US big leagues - post terrtories, will always be my #1, with CMLL following.

American all the way.

Ive had spells where Ive been really into Lucha and Puro, but tend to get a ton of DVDs and then overdo it. Dont think Ive had a spell where I havent watch US wrestling, havent watch WWE since Mania though but still watch ROH and occasionally TNA.

• Paid Members

All, but slightly leaning toward British. I'd be happiest watching a Steve Gray/Johnny Saint classic on WOS.

But I obviously enjoy American wrestling, which is what got me into wrestling and I still watch it. I love a lot of the Puro matches I've seen, but no doubt there is a lot I have yet to see. The 1990s Kawada/Misawa/Kobashi classics for example.

I also enjoy Lucha, this is certainly the style I've seen less of. But very much like what I have seen.

Archived