2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18560798

Rangers: Steven Naismith & Steven Whittaker oppose newco transfer

Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker have lodged objections to their transfer from the old Rangers Football Club to the newco.

Their decisions follow a similar move from Sone Aluko and Rhys McCabe.

As part of Charles Green's consortium's asset purchase, players' contracts have been transferred to the new company.

Employment law entitles players to the same terms they had under the old company or allows them to exercise a right not to transfer across.

"It has been an extremely difficult decision to make but I believe it is the right decision," said Scotland forward Naismith.

"As players we were put in a difficult position by the administrators whereby we were asked to take a 75% pay cut to contracts that we entered into in good faith.

• Paid Members

Also - I don't usually get pleasure from the misfortune of others but he's been a horrible cunt while he was able to post on here so the following Tweet made me laugh.....

Ally Clark‏ @FrontBums

Fucking breaks my heart what's happening at Rangers just now.

Diddums. :laugh:

• Paid Members
If these Rangers players are rejecting their contract transfers, does that mean they are available on frees this summer? Or will clubs still have to pay a transfer fee to the administrators?

Under TUPE regulations they can walk away for free.

Charles Green seems to think different but he is wrong. He must be taking advice from Craig Whyte.

And our governing bodies still continue to bend over backwards to accomodate Rangers. Seriously, at the start all of this pish made me angry, now I'm simply fed up with it. I'm close to saying fuck Scottish football altogether.

Scottish football's bosses are on the brink of securing a revolutionary rescue package which will see Rangers play in the First Division next season.

SFA, SPL and SFL chiefs were locked in talks last night as a six-hour summit went on past midnight.

The meeting was aimed at reaching agreement on radical proposals to deal with the chaos created by the financial carnage at Ibrox.

SFA chief Stewart Regan hosted the secret gathering aimed at bringing an end to the Rangers crisis.

After days of talks between the three ruling bodies, Record Sportunderstands SFA chief executive Regan, SPL counterpart Neil Doncaster and SFL boss David Longmuir thrashed out a four-point blueprint to revolutionise football in Scotland.

The trio have been tasked with reaching a broad agreement over the future of Rangers as well as reforming the league structure.

This is to bring clarity to the current chaos as the clock ticks down to the SPL general meeting on July 4 when the members will vote on the Ibrox club's fate.

But negotiations could now deliver a cast-iron deal which would allow the SPL to offer guidance on a way forward and that in turn would see the emotive vote become nothing more than a box-ticking exercise.

As Record Sport revealed this week, proposals are in place for Rangers to go to Division One and common ground has been reached on host of issues.

A key part of the plan would see SFL clubs handed compensation payments from the SPL as part of a deal with Sky to broadcast live Rangers games in Division One.

Clubs across the country will now get the chance to give historic plans the green light.

The four key points on the agenda were:

●Finding a mechanism that will allow Rangers to parachute straight into the First Division next season.

●A guarantee that play-offs are introduced immediately at the top of the First Division for a place in the SPL.

●The distribution of short-term payments to SFL clubs from the SPL to allow Rangers' First Division games to be shown live on Sky.

●A timeline to form one body, the Scottish Professional Football League.

Regan has managed to unify both leagues and mediate over the squabbling which has been the stumbling block.

Assurances have been made to SPL chief Doncaster that the Sky deal will remain in place but he has been playing hardball over the amount paid to First Division clubs to have Rangers' games broadcast live.

Longmuir's battle for a fair deal for the SFL will have huge implications for lower league clubs as they will gain historic capital from a merger with the top flight.

Also on the agenda was the SFL's bid to install a strong representation within a new SPFL set-up and a stumbling block has been the SPL's insistence they get a 3-1 ratio in favour of board members.

The SFL demanded an even split on any new board which will also include a new chief executive as well as one independent sitting on the ruling panel.

Regan's bid to deliver a broad consensus over the way forward also involved discussions over the appellate tribunal's transfer embargo on Rangers.

And our governing bodies still continue to bend over backwards to accomodate Rangers. Seriously, at the start all of this pish made me angry, now I'm simply fed up with it. I'm close to saying fuck Scottish football altogether.

Scottish Associations are idiots ..snip

The Associations in Scotland really are fuckwits arent they? Basically then, they will allow the new co to drop one league but introduce play offs in case they don't win the league outright and pool their money so they get TV. I don't remember any of this for Gretna, Aidrieonians et al. S'funny that.

The Associations in Scotland really are fuckwits arent they? Basically then, they will allow the new co to drop one league but introduce play offs in case they don't win the league outright and pool their money so they get TV. I don't remember any of this for Gretna, Aidrieonians et al. S'funny that.

Yeah, it's a farce. I never thought the day would come when I simply got fed up with Scottish football altogether.

If Rangers do end up in a lower division, there's no guarantee they'll ever be the same force they were again, because all their better players will end up leaving. As McNally writes, good players aren't going to play in Division 3, knowing they are at least 3 years from top flight Scottish football, and at least 3 years from European football.

That logic is severely flawed.

If Rangers are in Division Three then it won't matter if they lose their better players or not. All they'd have to do is replace them with players of enough quality to win the League, or at least the playoffs. Unless Charles Green really is just another Craig White then I don't see that being a problem, and once Rangers are back in the SPL, it's no longer an issue.

I do think it'll be interesting to see how Rangers handle the climb up the Divisions though. I've said before that I think they should concentrate on bringing through youth players with the goal of getting back to the SPL with a strong and settled young squad and a healthy bank balance.

I've got a feeling Green won't go for the patient approach though, and nor will the fans let him.

Unfortunately, a lot of people feel that is the case. Ask some Sheffield United fans what they think of Charles Green.

Rangers are f***ed. They're going to end up like the Leeds United of Scottish football. Unless they get huge financial backing from somewhere, it's going to be a very long road back with no guarantees. It's quite arrogant to think they'll just instantly bounce back.

Archived