Randy Savage Ohhhh Yeah Match Thread

WWFChilli

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Randy Savage vs Ron Garvin (Cage)

From his dad's outlaw fed in Kentucky. That's part one, parts two and three are on the side of it. Lanny Poffo also does commentary. Top, top match. Ignore Randy Savage coming out to the theme from Fame, and concentrate on perhaps the best fucking robe I've ever seen. Really quality match.

• Paid Members
Randy Savage vs Ron Garvin (Cage)

From his dad's outlaw fed in Kentucky. That's part one, parts two and three are on the side of it. Lanny Poffo also does commentary. Top, top match. Ignore Randy Savage coming out to the theme from Fame, and concentrate on perhaps the best fucking robe I've ever seen. Really quality match.

fucking great post Butch, loved your bit about Macho and Liz in the RIP thread too.

• Moderators

Memphis Wrestling THE FIRST APPEARANCE OF RANDY SAVAGE ON MEMPHIS TV

When you put that into the context of the ICW war that was fucking awesome. Due to Angelo Poffo's outlaw fed he went straight into Jarrett/Lawler's as a star. Top stuff.

• Paid Members

Can someone find, then post the last match he had with Hogan?. From the Georgia Dome. Not long after he won his last world title (I think it might have been the very next night actually). Cracking brawl, that seems to have been criminally forgotten/lost in time.

The DDP Street Fight/FCA is a must as well.

Cheers.

• Moderators
Can someone find, then post the last match he had with Hogan?. From the Georgia Dome. Not long after he won his last world title (I think it might have been the very next night actually). Cracking brawl, that seems to have been criminally forgotten/lost in time.

From Nitro in August '99?

Fair dues. A night after Randy would win a title in WCW in 98/99 Hulk would win it next night. The 98 one was shite with the cack Bret heel turn.

• Paid Members

Fair dues. A night after Randy would win a title in WCW in 98/99 Hulk would win it next night. The 98 one was shite with the cack Bret heel turn.

Aye, it was the 99 one B. Not long after BATB, it ended witth Nash practically winning it for Hogan to set up the Fall Brawl match.

Was it as good as I remembered, or is it just nostalgia playing tricks on me again?.

• Paid Members
Might as well get on with it, fuck the youtube thread, post your favourite, rare or underated Savage matches here!

Loved this match. I dont mean to sound like Dillkid but I've been reading Bret's book lately and read the bit about this match the other night. Little did I know then that he'd die a couple of days later

I'll nominate this cracker

Savage vs Tenryu from Japan in 91

PART 1-

PART 2-

and while I'm here

Savage vs Dynamite Kid from The Wrestling Classic 1985

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M49BmGIP63M

• Moderators

Aye, it was the 99 one B. Not long after BATB, it ended witth Nash practically winning it for Hogan to set up the Fall Brawl match.

Was it as good as I remembered, or is it just nostalgia playing tricks on me again?.

Awful pal. But every time they'd have a title match over 1998 and 1999 it was after a one day Savage reign and, as much as I love him, Hogan getting the upper hand and Savage being down card after a dump Nitro main event. Shame as I though Savage in 1999 was a fun rejigging of his gimmick, and his one shot in the the Millionaires club vs New Blood Battle Royal a year later (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vc4uiO9NpM) shown that. He changed himself to make himself relevant, and draped himself with birds, but they turned him heel. Shame.

• Paid Members
Might as well get on with it, fuck the youtube thread, post your favourite, rare or underated Savage matches here!

There is also supposedly a match between Bret Hart and Randy Savage (RIP) from Japan in 1992. Supposed to be an absolutely unbelievable match with the "Macho Man" playing the subtle heel. I remember seeing pictures of it in the WWF Magazine at the time.

Archived