Randy Savage Ohhhh Yeah Match Thread

WWFChilli

Might as well get on with it, fuck the youtube thread, post your favourite, rare or underated Savage matches here!

There is also supposedly a match between Bret Hart and Randy Savage (RIP) from Japan in 1992. Supposed to be an absolutely unbelievable match with the "Macho Man" playing the subtle heel. I remember seeing pictures of it in the WWF Magazine at the time.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Career Ending Match Vs Warrior 1

Career Ending Match Vs Warrior 2

There's a terrific moment on commentary at 12:12 when Heenan goes about Sherri... "Oh is she mad. She is furious.... Sherri he did his best". When Heenan drops character for a moment it means a bit more for some reason to me.

Thanks, was looking for this yesterday (well, the ending of it) but couldn't find it. If I ever wanted to make myself blubber like a new born woman, then I'll just watch this piece of utter magic and brilliance. A remarkable moment in wrestling that floors me everytime and has probably never been and never will be surpassed.

Thanks, Macho.

My first ever show that I watched was wrestlemania 7 which made me fall in love with wrestling , The Savage / Warrior fued and match was amazing , such a good match - possibly Warriors best ever ?

And then the fairytale ending with Liz - ohhhhhhhh yeah

WWE have got to put him in the hall of fame now man !

Favourite Savage matches have to be for me..against Steamboat at WrestleMania 3, winning the WWE Title at WM 4 is a great moment, his match with Hogan at WM 5, without a doubt the retirement match he had with Warrior at 7, his match with Flair at WM 8 winning the title (should have been main event rather than Hogan/Sid), I know these are 'Mania matches but they are truely amazing! I also like the one he had with Warrior at Wembley at SummerSlam 92,one of the true greats of all time, OHH YEAHH!!! :) actually he also had a great one with Hogan over here in London :)

There are so many great Randy Savage matches. Stuff you forget about until something like this happens. He was just so watchable, even when he was past it. I could watch Randy Savage elbow dropping jobbers all day. He even had a good match with Brutus Beefcake for fuck's sake.

Anyway, some good stuff:

vs. Tito Santana

with Adrian Adonis vs. Santana and Bruno Sammartino in a cage match

The other Steamboat/Savage matches: from 1985 and the bloody brawl from '86

Cage match vs. Ted Dibiase

By far not his best match, but I always remember his match on Monday Night Raw in probably early 1994 where he challenged Yokozuna for the WWF Title. Crush cost him the Title I think, which lead to the match they had at WrestleMania 10.

Archived