UKFF FPL Week 42

Fog Dude

Thanks Fog, it's lucky I was the second top scorer this week, anything less and you'd have won it, I really thought i'd lose it on the last week again!

It was fun to play, thanks for running it all again :thumbsup:

well done on the win fella.....i will be after my title back next season lol

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Massive thanks to Foggy for running this, he's done a much better job than I did over the last year or so.

Unfortunately I think I'll sit this next season out. I was shite this year. Absolutely diabolical.

• Paid Members
A late surge helped me reach a solid top 10 finish, so i'm proud.

Seph, no picard?

For maybe the last time in this game,

picard-facepalm.jpg

(For some reason I can't log into the FTP space but the images still show up :confused:)

Seph, no picard?

picard-facepalm.jpg

(For some reason I can't log into the FTP space but the images still show up :confused:)

please come back

please come back

please come back

please come back

please come back

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Paid Members

Seph, no picard?

picard-facepalm.jpg

That never fails to make me laugh.

Bottom, tremendous success.

Surely seeing as i missed this weeks predictions, which was the second i'd missed i should be disqualified....it's not like i'm trying to pass the wooden spoon on or anything :sneaky:

• Paid Members

Congrats to hbk4life for winning and a big thank you to Fog Dude for running this yet again :thumbsup:

Not the best season I've had as I hovered around mid table for most of it, but it gives me a chance to improve next year

Roll on next season

Surely seeing as i missed this weeks predictions, which was the second i'd missed i should be disqualified....it's not like i'm trying to pass the wooden spoon on or anything :sneaky:

So be it:

UKFF-FPL_finaltable201011.jpg

Sorry that you have to squint a bit. I tried to resize it beforehand in Paint and after uploading to Photobucket, but both times it just made it blurry and pixelly. Anyway, it would normally take 3 weeks for someone to be officially kicked out, but because ultimo and sivy decided to sit out the last round and therefore still had fewer points than [redacted]* managed by the time of his banning a few months back, they're considered as having given up partway through the season. So rather than finishing bottom, ultimo is classed as 'best of the rest'.

* I know we're not supposed to mention our favourite rapey ex-champ, but I figure this is the one time of the year when I can risk a month-long ban.

Thanks to all who took part, it provides me with a great distraction at least twice a week. I've got one less way to procrastinate for a while now, which means my dissertation might finally start getting written. As for doing this again next season, as much as I relish the power of deciding the fixtures, the offer's on the table if anyone wants to take over. It was a bit of a risk carrying on since I knew so little of what halls were like here, and it resulted in me having to make a couple of updates in early February while leeching free wireless from a well-known restaurant chain while munching on 'fries'.

I'm well aware that when Seph gave up 3 years ago, I was apparently the only person to take an interest, so I'll happily carry on but from the end of September onwards, when I'm due to fly to Austria, it's taking a chance on a step into the unknown. I still don't know where I'll be living for all but 2 months of next season, nor how I'll get online, so I'd prefer it if someone with a more secure guarantee of what their living conditions are. If nobody comes forward I'm happy to carry on and do all the preparation, and if someone decides to ride in as saviour partway through next season I can send them the relevant spreadsheet as a D2D guide and suggested fixtures for the rest of the term.

Since I've already mentioned him, I can't ignore that it'd be a shame to see Seph abandon the competition completely, but at least there's a couple of months in which to change his mind. Somebody else might have to take over facepalm-posting duties in that case. (Incidentally, here 'Picard' just means the name of a moribund local dialect.) On the other hand, I'm pleased to see Mr Justice Steven declare his intention to throw his hat into the ring. We'll see if he can transfer his fantasy league skills to prediction-making.

Right, onto the final round's games then. The Cup finals proved unsurprisingly fruitful, IIRC everyone got at least 2 points from them and a few people even managed the exact score from the Scottish one. The French matches, on the other hand, turned out to be full of shocks, with only the Sochaux fixture consistently yielding a point or more. Over in Italy, no-one foresaw the scoreline in Bologna, but the other 9 results were the proverbial curate's egg. Elsewhere in Spain, victories for the 2 giants were as obvious as ever, if the margin of Real's win beyond even the wildest guesses. Other than that, La Liga was generally good for a minimum of a bunch of correct results, with the possible exception of Villarreal's reverse in Pamplona.

I think we can afford to go into a tad more detail as we get closer to home again. The EPL ended up as a bit of a headache for most players too, as only Roman Pavyluchenko's injury-time winner at White Hart Lane helped to produce a popular score. Even the Tangerines' near-inevitable loss at Old Trafford wasn't universally backed, whilst many wrongly went for home wins in the meaningless games, except where it would've helped at Villa Park and Goodison. Blackburn holding on after a blistering start, allied to Newcastle's failure to do the same which allowed the Baggies to peg them back and share an unlikely six goals, was less than helpful.

All right, I think that about does it for this season. Sit back and take in the Champions League and play-off finals with the pressure off, then either PM me if you're interested in taking on the burden of actually running this whole shebang, or otherwise just look out for a sign-up thread - whether started by me or someone else - sometime in July. It's been a pleasure.

Just wanted to add my thanks to Fog Dude for running this and hope you can organise it again next season, good work fella.

Also congrats to hbk4life for the win, I'm just happy didn't finish last again!!

Archived