Irrational Annoyances

tom

• Paid Members

We've all got them, those little things that bug and annoy us despite the personal annoyance in them being irrational; those things that really shouldn't get to you but never fail to annoy you, or at the very least grate on you. For me, it's probably, oddly, the squirting noise from spray bottles of stuff like bleach etc; the noise just bugs me for some reason, not withstanding the fact that my senses appear to be ultra-sensitive to the stuff and I'll often end up with a sore threat and eyes that feel like they are just going to run and run. So, what are your irrational annoyances?

Again not really irrational but certainly an annoyance...public toilets for which to exit you have to pull the door open by the handle. What moron thought that was a good idea? I'm a bit of a germ freak and it winds me up no end when I wash my hands only to then have to touch a handle which has thousands of piss stained fingerprints on it.

• Paid Members

People who spend all week updating their Facebooks with statuses like "OMG can't wait til the weekend, it's going to be sooo messy etc...", and then when you bump into them on the weekend they're sat nursing a small bottle of Budweiser that takes them an hour to finish. It's made even worse when there's a status like "Wow how did I end up all the way in *insert house party location that's 10 minutes taxi-drive away, max*", you should fucking know, you were sober as a judge you lying cunt.

"Soooo hungover, never drinking again", if only..

Misophonia. I cannot stand snoring, sloppy eating, heavy breathing, or the sounds my PC makes. I simply can't be around them - I will fidget, squirm and become tense until I can take no more and have to leave the room. I live with snorers and need a loud fan at night to block out external noises, which is plugged in to a timer that gives me enough time to fall asleep before cutting out.

On the other hand, I love the sound of paper, plastic, rummaging through handbags and other weird things. Unboxing videos on Youtube have been a godsend when I've found myself still wide awake when I needed to go to bed early. 10 minutes of some geek fiddling about with his Xbox packaging and it's lights out. Their ability to relax me is astounding.

I admit I'm a little odd in this regard.

• Paid Members
When I tell someone "be here at 10" and they confuse it with "set off at 10".

Yeah, a bit of that.

My mate has recently sent out his wedding invites, stating 11.30 at the church, and a world of tossers have been in touch asking : "what time do we have to be there?"

"Well, it says 11.30 doesn't it?"

"But Air Raid, does it mean doors at 11.30? What time will it start?"

ARE YOU REAL?

People who wait until getting onto the bus before rooting through their pockets for change. There's a special place in hell for these people.

I could write a whole thread on this based on public transport. What's been especially annoying me at this time of the year is people (usually fucking pensioners wearing five layers of clothing) who don't want a single window on the bus open on a stinking hot summer's day. They'll come up to where you're sitting, arrogantly lean over and close the window, and then gasp and shriek as if you've done them personal harm if you open it again while they're still on the bus.

All because they can't cope with the massive inconvenience of a bit of breeze on a scorching day. Here's an idea - sit at the front of the bus if you don't want to feel the breeze. Either that or just fuck off and die. The world won't miss your rubbish immune system with its tiny tolerance for cold, and you'll be warm enough with the devil in Hell. :devil:

• Paid Members

Old people are just shit. Not the canny ones who don't reckon they're old, just the ones that never stop reminding you and think the world owes them a favour.

Archived