CWI Brawl at the Bush - Starring Hogan, Kev, X-Pac, Steiner and the la

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

This show looks better than TNA. Is there anyway this show would have turned a profit? WWE Legends and TNA wrestlers joined up for a supershow, that put last months Lockdown show to shame as far as star power goes. I'd watch it. Challenge should pick it up.

DSC_7221.JPGDSC_7343.JPGDSC_7274.JPGDSC_7347.JPGDSC_7154.JPGDSC_7135.JPGDSC_7119.JPGDSC_7604.JPGDSC_7615.JPGDSC_7618.JPGDSC_7622.JPGDSC_7646.JPGDSC_7659.JPGDSC_7661.JPGDSC_7665.JPGDSC_7669.JPGDSC_7674.JPGDSC_7709.JPGDSC_7526.JPGDSC_7556.JPGDSC_7566.JPGDSC_7573.JPGDSC_7583.JPGDSC_7452.JPGDSC_7469.JPGDSC_7502.JPGDSC_7377.JPGDSC_7398.JPG

I must see Tatanka vs Corino!! .. Any reason why only Bushwhacker Luke makes appearances these days? Why no Butch?

Butch is retired from active wrestling (he is almost 70 lol) and is living back in New Zealand. It's likely a combination of the cost it would take to get him to appearances for the promoters and him just not wanting the hassle of flying halfway around the world for a few day stay.

I think Butch went back to New Zealand. He's in poor health apparently.

Saggs had his teeth fixed last time I saw him. Has he lost one again or is he just trying to make it look like that with a bit of black card or something?

Is that Pierre Carl Ouelette that Waltman is wrestling?

I think Butch went back to New Zealand. He's in poor health apparently.

Saggs had his teeth fixed last time I saw him. Has he lost one again or is he just trying to make it look like that with a bit of black card or something?

Ive got a mate who had a bunch of teeth knocked out, he wears a fitted thing with a few false teeth on it so it makes it look like has a full set. Chances are Saggs has something similar and takes it out to wrestle, that'd be my guess anyway..

• Paid Members

It's Michael Elgin, a Canadian wrestler who's made some appearances for ROH lately. He was subbing for Justin Credible, who was Pac's advertised opponent.

Results below, in the form of Slam! Wrestling's report, spoilerised in case someone manages to pick the show up somewhere:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

BRANTFORD -- It was a night that wrestling fans will remember as the day Hulkamania returned to Brantford.

Professional wrestling returned to the Brantford Civic Centre for the first time since 1995 in the form of Championship Wrestling International (CWI) president Nick "Nitro" Wyman's CWI Brawl in the Bush II event.

In the Survivor Series main event match, sole surviving Team Beefcake member Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, worked over by the Million Dollar Team's Nasty Boys, was saved by a vintage Hulk Hogan run-in that electrified the crowd and Beefcake himself as he utilized his trademark sleeper submission to score the victory.

CWI heavyweight champion "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner defeated Kevin Nash after knocking out Big Daddy Cool with the championship belt.

"The Native American" Tatanka triumphed over "The King of Old School" Steve Corino with his Samoan drop. The match was restarted by referee Jimmy Korderas after it was determined that Corino illegally used a foreign object to win.

"X-Pac" Sean Waltman and Michael Elgin had the match of the night, with Waltman defeating a game Michael Elgin with an X-Factor from the top rope. Elgin was subbing for Justin Credible.

The Flatliners defeated The Highlanders to retain the CWI tag-team titles.

Jaime D defeated Alison Pain with a chokeslam.

"Sect De Uno" Rico Montana beat "The Midnight Special" RJ City.

Earlier in the day, Hogan headlined the CWI press conference in which Hogan thanked the "loyal Canadian fans," for their support.

All in all, it was a solid performance for the local talent who provided much of the pure wrestling action for the evening.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

The report also concludes with this:

"Local AC/DC cover band Squeeler performed several classics in the pre-amble and during intermission."

Which I found particularly interesting, as I know the guitarist!

Archived