In Store Signing + VIP GIVEAWAY!

spacemonkey

I'm assuming you're using ther term 'management' very loosely here as there has been evidently very little as is usually the case.

Did you not try to contact X_Pac yourselves to clarify the situation? Surely you know somebody who has twitter that could've sent a simple tweet and got a quick response? X-Pac had a bee in his bonnet over the way 1PW treated his booking so I'm sure he'd have been only too happy to 'clarify' the situation. Whilst I accept that the imports weren't brought over by your company I feel that you still have a degree of responsibility to your customers to accept a certain amount of the blame for poor research into your partners and their previous business practices and a negligence to finding out the truth regarding the situation.

Some may argue that the shop just had blind faith and trust in what was going on and all was above board without any questions. It is ok for us to say as this forum has exposed a lot of 1PW and it's past but who is to say the shop has been on the UKFF at all?

Tommy are you for real? How do you think this thread was started, things were quickly pointed out to them and there was plenty of other negative stuff on UKFF about them before this thread was started. I am not knocking the store but you saying they might not be on the UKFF is borderline naive and borderline stupid

How am i meant to know the topic starter has anything to do with the store? They just may have been a keen fan posting to help the shop out in return for maybe a freebie a signed merch?

....and how was I supposed to know that they weren't just a keen fan? I read the fucking thread and it didn't take a rocket scientist to fathom. Come on man....get with the plan.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...I mean...Spacemonkey started the thread....christ's sake! Amateurish that dangerously....I'd expect that from someone like Wwffan2 or DillPhenom but not an experienced poster such as yourself. Side let down.

To defend myself here. As pointed out Spacemonkey has had not a lot of posts over the years so i do not remember this account or past posts all that well. As i saw this thread was getting bumped a bit it peaked my curiosity to come inside. All i wanted to point out was that not every shop owner that sells wrestling related items will know what the UKFF is so maybe did not have a lot of prior knowledge to what 1PW's past was like. 1PW may have came across as being very attractive to the shop owner to do business with and they probably talked a good game and maybe the shop owner had faith and trust in 1PW to deliver not knowing about the past of 1PW.

that in theory makes perfect sense but we all read the thread so we knew this wasnt the case, if you read before you write you wont make yourself look silly

...I mean...Spacemonkey started the thread....christ's sake! Amateurish that dangerously....I'd expect that from someone like Wwffan2 or DillPhenom but not an experienced poster such as yourself. Side let down.

To defend myself here. As pointed out Spacemonkey has had not a lot of posts over the years so i do not remember this account or past posts all that well. As i saw this thread was getting bumped a bit it peaked my curiosity to come inside. All i wanted to point out was that not every shop owner that sells wrestling related items will know what the UKFF is so maybe did not have a lot of prior knowledge to what 1PW's past was like. 1PW may have came across as being very attractive to the shop owner to do business with and they probably talked a good game and maybe the shop owner had faith and trust in 1PW to deliver not knowing about the past of 1PW.

Yeah.....but how did you think I had any knowledge in the fact he was something to do with the organisation? I read. You have more posts than me and have been around 3 years longer than myself but you didn;t click. I'm not having a go I'm just surprised you missed that one.

Yeah.....but how did you think I had any knowledge in the fact he was something to do with the organisation? I read. You have more posts than me and have been around 3 years longer than myself but you didn;t click. I'm not having a go I'm just surprised you missed that one.

It has been a long weekend and a few drams of whisky today have muddled my head up. Im off for a cup of tea and a biscuit to watch some TV. :blush:

• Paid Members

Well let's agree, the shop seems new to the world of import wrestlers signings/photos, and I wish them the best of luck as I enjoy a good autograph/photo.

Regardless of how the research went this time around, take it as a lesson learned, I hope it doesn't put you off future signings, but be careful of who you do 'business' with, stay away from 'dannys, Stevens, and anthonys'. (not all of them, just those associated with 1pw and wrestleslam).

I'm sure other members on here can enlighten you on the bucket of other 'let's play promoter' names from over the years.

Again, good luck with it all!

There should be a name and shame thread pinned on here for promoter misdemeanours. Not particularly singling out any incident here, but it'd certainly make people think twice in terms of how they conduct their business in future.

There should be a name and shame thread pinned on here for promoter misdemeanours. Not particularly singling out any incident here, but it'd certainly make people think twice in terms of how they conduct their business in future.

No it wouldn't, and this thread is evidence of it. 1PW are frequently named and shamed on here, and it doesn't make them think twice about fucking everyone over. They target non-UKFFers and the divs who will give them perpetual second chances.

The shop staff in this thread were told ages ago what dodgy gobshites 1PW are and it didn't make them think twice about getting in bed with Danny Rodd.

The owner of the shop made a huge mistake, thinking he knew better than everyone, when anyone in the wrestling business knows 1PW can't be trusted.

The fact that one of the people in charge of the facebook event page is / was a wrestler, who must have heard all the 1PW stories, but still decides to go ahead with the event is just pathetic.

I feel sorry for those who travelled to the event, who don't know about 1PWs past, but those who did got what they should have expected really.

The owner never for one second thought he was better then anyone, and questioned the event with the events team and 1PW managment when ever an issue arised. Anyone in the wrestling business knows Danny Rodd cannot be trusted, but their our other names that work closley with 1PW that can. Hence why person who is in the industry, despite their doubts, agreed to the event.

I wish I could give you more details but pending the legal action, I can't post much on here.

The events coordinator for Fan Favourites who was approached by 1PW, has never had anything like this happen to them in the ten years they have been doing it, and has worked with several very unreliable celebrities, and still made it work and had them appear. It is the first time they have ever been let down when written agreements have been in place.

This will become a blemish on our reputation, however the good events we have held and will continue to hold, will certainly outweight this one.

Not that I like kicking people when they're down, but was your attitude to the event "oh well, if it fucks up we'll just blame 1PW"? You stated that everyone on the poster would be there, even X-Pac. Did you really think that 1PW would be able to provide X-Pac for a store signing when they couldn't get him to appear on their own fucking show? What, were they flying him all the way for a signing at your shop? I do feel for the people who came out to meet the stars and left hours later disappointed, but talk about having your head buried in the sand!

Also you said that you heard about X-Pac tweeting on Friday and started investigating it, but did you post an update with your worries here? What about when a number of people told you X-Pac wouldn't be there and you blindly said "yes, yes he will, we've been told"?

I don't know what promise/contract was in place with 1PW, so I can't comment on that, and you shouldn't not make deals with anyone just because people on the UKFF tell you not to, but you've come away looking foolish.

Archived