In Store Signing + VIP GIVEAWAY!

spacemonkey

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that surprsies me about 1PW these days is that people still think they'll deliver on all of their promises. It seems each week that passes there's a new issue regarding them. Still, I guess the more markets they alienate the quicker they'll fuck off again.

I never got to 1PW last night, but assume all the talent last announced made it. But it's been common knowledge for a long time, that there was no X-pac, no DDP, and no Al Snow in that talent list, and Billy Gunn was also known about on Friday morning... so how come it was only at 10:30 this morning that the store announced that there was only going to be BG James?

As for Kash, I happen to know that that was not 1PW's fault. That was Dan White, because he handles Kash's booking and Kash is doing a training seminar somewhere instead of this signing.

1PW are by no means innocent, they royally fuck stuff up all the time. But half the names advertised have stated themselves plenty of times that they were not coming, and even if a certain tool did still tell you they were coming, you should have expected it to not happen. Still bullshit regardless with Road Dogg not showing up, given that the majority of talent not flying in was due to 1PW's past and being useless, they could have at least come through with the one name they were able to promise. Hopefully though this is a lesson for anyone else planning on working with 1PW in the future.

• Paid Members
The only thing that surprsies me about 1PW these days is that people still think they'll deliver on all of their promises. It seems each week that passes there's a new issue regarding them. Still, I guess the more markets they alienate the quicker they'll fuck off again.

Everyone I suppose mate, I sometimes feel like I/we are stating the obvious and just repeat ourselves on a regular basis when a promotions promises are broken.

I generally try and stay clear of the 'this is typical' responses and believe me, if certain promotions sorted their act out I would fully support them, it's just that they don't do themselves any favours.

FanFavourites had recieved confirmation all guests were appearing as scheduled until the final minutes.

X-Pac's post on Twitter was brought to our attention on Friday evening, and had been investigating it ever since. We recieved no confirmed details that the people appearing were not going to be there until 10am this morning.

In general the staff of FanFavourites don't always check every social networking site and forum for information on their guests, they go direct to their sources. Which is exactly what we did on Friday evening and the result was zilch. They heard nothing from 1PW managment which is when concerns were raised.

FanFavourites had recieved confirmation all guests were appearing as scheduled until the final minutes.

X-Pac's post on Twitter was brought to our attention on Friday evening, and had been investigating it ever since. We recieved no confirmed details that the people appearing were not going to be there until 10am this morning.

In general the staff of FanFavourites don't always check every social networking site and forum for information on their guests, they go direct to their sources. Which is exactly what we did on Friday evening and the result was zilch. They heard nothing from 1PW managment which is when concerns were raised.

On Page 1 of this thread on May 14th I brought it to your attention that X-Pac wasn;t going to be at 1PW but still you continued to promote him and even tell me everybody on that poster was scheduled to appear. I feel for you man I really do but you know the old saying there's no smoke without fire? Well 1PW is one big fucking inferno so learn from your mistakes and listen to the people that know and have been stung by 1PW in the past. There's plenty of the fuckers out there and unfortunately now you and your customers can add their names to the ever growing list!

I'm assuming you're using ther term 'management' very loosely here as there has been evidently very little as is usually the case.

Did you not try to contact X_Pac yourselves to clarify the situation? Surely you know somebody who has twitter that could've sent a simple tweet and got a quick response? X-Pac had a bee in his bonnet over the way 1PW treated his booking so I'm sure he'd have been only too happy to 'clarify' the situation. Whilst I accept that the imports weren't brought over by your company I feel that you still have a degree of responsibility to your customers to accept a certain amount of the blame for poor research into your partners and their previous business practices and a negligence to finding out the truth regarding the situation.

I'm assuming you're using ther term 'management' very loosely here as there has been evidently very little as is usually the case.

Did you not try to contact X_Pac yourselves to clarify the situation? Surely you know somebody who has twitter that could've sent a simple tweet and got a quick response? X-Pac had a bee in his bonnet over the way 1PW treated his booking so I'm sure he'd have been only too happy to 'clarify' the situation. Whilst I accept that the imports weren't brought over by your company I feel that you still have a degree of responsibility to your customers to accept a certain amount of the blame for poor research into your partners and their previous business practices and a negligence to finding out the truth regarding the situation.

Some may argue that the shop just had blind faith and trust in what was going on and all was above board without any questions. It is ok for us to say as this forum has exposed a lot of 1PW and it's past but who is to say the shop has been on the UKFF at all?

Some may argue that the shop just had blind faith and trust in what was going on and all was above board without any questions. It is ok for us to say as this forum has exposed a lot of 1PW and it's past but who is to say the shop has been on the UKFF at all?

OK, usually I could be willing to give a benefit of doubt here but spacemonkey has been a UKFF member since 2005 and whilst has only 98 posts I'm positive they haven't all been made in this two page thread!

Tommy are you for real? How do you think this thread was started, things were quickly pointed out to them and there was plenty of other negative stuff on UKFF about them before this thread was started. I am not knocking the store but you saying they might not be on the UKFF is borderline naive and borderline stupid

Tommy are you for real? How do you think this thread was started, things were quickly pointed out to them and there was plenty of other negative stuff on UKFF about them before this thread was started. I am not knocking the store but you saying they might not be on the UKFF is borderline naive and borderline stupid

How am i meant to know the topic starter has anything to do with the store? They just may have been a keen fan posting to help the shop out in return for maybe a freebie a signed merch?

Archived