Can't we all just get along?

The Great Muta

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think its definitely valid, what Pitcos is saying, especially considering his is an attitude that is probably shared by a lot of people. All Stars tickets are really cheap. About a tenner or 12.99 or something like that and you get a few name stars on the show and a table with a load of WWE merchandise for your son or nephew to rake his way through. That type of show is definitely worth the money because of the audience its aimed at. If its a show with people on it that nobody has a clue about, and its a DVD marketed show, then its hard to attract the families and its just as hard to attract the casuals on here. I'd imagine only people 'in the know' would pay 20-odd quid for a show with two British wrestlers in the main event who are over with its audience. I remember FWA charging 40 quid for an AJ Styles vs Jonny Storm main event before AJ was a star. Fuck that. Some companies seem to take the piss with the prices.

I think promotions should charge whatever they can get away with while still drawing enough fans.

I think the idea that the FWA used to use (when they ran regular shows) and IPW-uk use of charging a higher amount for the 1st and 2nd rows then a lower General Admission prize is the right way to go - providing they still draw the numbers they need.

If people are willing to pay

Theres just not a big enough market for British Wrestling to be properly regulated or run. There isnt a fan base that want to see certain talent and there isnt certain talent that people want to see perform. I do agree though that 'promotors' shouldnt be allowed to put on a 'show' if they dont have correct insurance and licenses to run this 'show'. And because of this small fan base you wont ever be able to to develop talent into anything like recogniseable names to be able to make a promotion sellable on a larger scale and get them out of leisure centres and old school gyms.

I think the only way it could work and be developed is if a big company like say WWE or TNA decided to bank roll some kind of British promotion, sort of like FCW and OVW, use it as a bit of a farm, get it a TV show on some graveyard slot on Sky and see how it goes. I imagine for starters that the casual fan would be more inclined to see a show knowing it is WWE run and nowing they're seeing something that is of TV quality, however low that quality may be.

In other words, British Wresting is fucked and has been for a long time.

Archived