Can't we all just get along?

The Great Muta

I agree with you hitman! But don't you think some sort of officially recognised group could eventually weed out the "shit heads"?

I'm just thinking that British wrestling is treading water, am I the only one who wants a drastic change in attitude?

I know it's all about making money, thats why they could operate independantly. I'm just suggesting that these promoters talk to each other (ok I'll change that) the promoters who want to improve British wrestling talk to each other. Help each other out for fuck sake! Who knows, you could even get big interpromotional events if it worked.

But thats just my opinion :)

I think you will find that most decent promotors do speak to each other and are happy to help each other. I have had so much support from other promotors who offered help as I started as they knew me as a fan and have continued to offer advice ever since. Also I love the idea of interpromotional events and we already have booked the Futureshock tag belts and heavyweight belt to be defended at Southside shows. I would also happily offer to return the favour as long as I thought the company were reputable enough.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add my 2pence worth, i think it is as equally important for the wrestlers to work together as it is the promotions, if the better wrestlers aligned themselves with good promotions and didn't necessarily take every pay day on offer, it would elevate a few companies head a shoulders above the shite.... problem is the wrestlers in the UK have to pimp themselves about because the money the get paid against what they do is pittance....

I said it before in the other "What do you think about British wrestling?" thread but there needs to be someone, unbiased, who can stop shitty little shows going ahead and shut down training schools from those who aren't fit to train others.

It's a case of cutting the wheat from the chaff or pruning a bush. The scene's going nowhere and won't go nowhere until that horrible, bottom rung is removed. The scenario of wrestler X is not happy how he's booked in promotion Y so he's going to start his own promotion needs to be gone. If you have a disagreement with a promotion and you want to leave, you leave. Don't spit your dummy out because you're being made to lose matches, someone has to and it's entertainment at the end of the day.

So there's another one, egos. I find there's a horrible slice of British wrestlers who have such a fuckin' ego despite being a performer the level of a pub act. Thankfully, this doesn't represent the whole of the UK scene as I have met some truly humble and kind performers, and some not so.

it seems a perfect example of this is happening in the north east as we speak, someone who seemingly cant be bothered to train regularly to get bookings is setting up his own company and school because nobody will book him. I just pray he isnt the trainer as I suspect as I am about as qualified as him and I've never took a bump. He may get on here and I dont care cos I'm gonna say the same thing to him if he is the trainer when I can speak with him. I just hope I am very wrong!

• Paid Members
I said it before in the other "What do you think about British wrestling?" thread but there needs to be someone, unbiased, who can stop shitty little shows going ahead and shut down training schools from those who aren't fit to train others.

It's a case of cutting the wheat from the chaff or pruning a bush. The scene's going nowhere and won't go nowhere until that horrible, bottom rung is removed. The scenario of wrestler X is not happy how he's booked in promotion Y so he's going to start his own promotion needs to be gone. If you have a disagreement with a promotion and you want to leave, you leave. Don't spit your dummy out because you're being made to lose matches, someone has to and it's entertainment at the end of the day.

So there's another one, egos. I find there's a horrible slice of British wrestlers who have such a fuckin' ego despite being a performer the level of a pub act. Thankfully, this doesn't represent the whole of the UK scene as I have met some truly humble and kind performers, and some not so.

it seems a perfect example of this is happening in the north east as we speak, someone who seemingly cant be bothered to train regularly to get bookings is setting up his own company and school because nobody will book him. I just pray he isnt the trainer as I suspect as I am about as qualified as him and I've never took a bump. He may get on here and I dont care cos I'm gonna say the same thing to him if he is the trainer when I can speak with him. I just hope I am very wrong!

Dare I ask to name and shame...?

it seems a perfect example of this is happening in the north east as we speak, someone who seemingly cant be bothered to train regularly to get bookings is setting up his own company and school because nobody will book him.

This happens in Wales all the time also. Basically because it's so easy to do. Rustle up a couple of quid to hire a ring, and it's game on.

Archived