Favourite Hogan Moment

Dr.PeterVenkman

With all the forgotten gem/favourite match threads on here I thought I'd see what everyone's favourite Hulk Hogan moment is, heel or face

After thinking about it I decided on mine being his promo at Wrestlemania 4, it's just absolutely fucking mental but at the end of the day, it's promo's and characters like this that got most of us watching wrestling in the first place

Ianhitmanhart mentioned in a thread the other day about hooking people who are channel surfing with wrestlers with the right look and quality promos, if you were flicking through and didn't know anything about wrestling and saw Hogan going mental like this then I think you'd hang around to see what was going on

Here it is -

Anyway, whats everyone elses? (if you like Hogan, of course)

• Paid Members

The Shawn Michaels thing was brilliant. It was pretty funny, but the whole thing was built around Michaels supposed bitterness and hatred towards someone who wants to be the biggest star, where as Michaels wants to be the best. The balance of shooting, comedy and serious storyline was as perfect as you can get. Loved it. They had a good little press conference style face off with Lawler as well if I remember, and the match was tremendous as well. Drew a huge buyrate, too.

• Paid Members
Without a shadow of a doubt this is my favourite Hogan moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BrIKWBS5Mc

I've never seen that before, absolutely terrific. The 'serious' video package is brilliant in its own right also.

Top stuff. Heel HBK in the rare instances we saw it during his 02-10 run was an absolute treat, particularly the Hogan rivalry.

Ianhitmanhart mentioned in a thread the other day about hooking people who are channel surfing with wrestlers with the right look and quality promos, if you were flicking through and didn't know anything about wrestling and saw Hogan going mental like this then I think you'd hang around to see what was going on

I agree with that for sure, for me i was at a friends house for a night and he put Superstars on.. I saw The Barbarian and i washooked from then on.. It was the over the top out of this world characters that turned me into a fan, The Barbarian is a perfect example of that with his antlers and all!

Anyways.. back on topic..

Hogan vs Rock at Wrestlemania X8.. It was a perfectly scripted passing of the torch moment and led to a Hogan career resurgence.. it was about as perfect as wrestling gets.

I always loved his Wrestlemania 21 moment with Muhammed Hassan also.. The roof literally blew off the Staples Centre when his music hit..

I know both my picks are modern era.. but, if im honest, i didnt really enjoy much of his 80s or early 90s stuff as a kid.. Some of the Hollywood Hogan stuff in WCW was ok, but that soon got tiring also..

This video tribute led to my Favourite Hogan moment.

This video package still stands as one of the best I've seen in wrestling. The music inspires emotion in me to this day. I LOVED Hulk Hogan when I was a lad.

It leads onto a promo he cust (which I cant find on youtube) were he teases retiring and then snaps and says Hell no he's not! He then goes on to challange the Earthquake whilst telling how he's a reborn Hulkamaniac.

Hogan was the man! If kids nowadays get from Cena, what I got from Hogan then wrestling will be just fine.

eh oddly, most of my favourite Hogan moments are of him losing, don't get me wrong I love Hogan, but thinking about this its him losing...

Three moments come to mind,

Wrestlemania VI - vs the Ultimate Warrior, passing of the torch to the Warrior, the staredown, the audience reaction, second to none.

Nitro - vs Lex Luger, losing the title to Luger on Nitro was a great moment for Luger and wcw, doesn't matter if Luger's reign didn't last long!

Wrestlemania X8 - vs The Rock, to icons, spectacular reaction, and you know Hogan lost...

I always loved his Wrestlemania 21 moment with Muhammed Hassan also.. The roof literally blew off the Staples Centre when his music hit..

RIP to the victims of this tragic disaster.

That's scandalous. Were there many casualties? You'd think a multi-million dollar arena would be able to cope with the volume of 20,000 people cheering. Surely structural engineers would have been consulted about this eventuality before its construction.

Archived