Favourite Hogan Moment

Dr.PeterVenkman

• Paid Members

My favourite moment involving Hogan was when Sting finally got his hands on him and gave him a Scorpion Deathdrop in the closing seconds of Uncensored '97.

That isn't particularly a "Hogan" moment as it is a Sting moment however, so I too will go with dropping the leg on Randy Savage.

"What is he doing??!??"

"Is he the third man????"

"HE'S THE THIRD MAN!!"

"Hulk Hogan has betrayed WcW!!"

• Paid Members

When Nitro was in Canada (for the first time ever?), and he got a god-like reaction, despite being a heel. I can't find a clip, as I'm not even sure what I'm searching for, but it was definitely during the NWO "Elite" era.

Ian will know what I'm on about/be able to post a clip.

• Paid Members

Its tough one because there are so many 'true Mark out moments' involving Hogan when I was a kid because he was such a fucking super hero to me, but I'd say it has to be Hogan/Rock at Wrestlemania which is my favourite. The crowd made it an unbelievable moment. Goosebumps like never before. Amazing.

I've got to be honest, I like Hogan as the TNA heel owner, especially when he comes out with phases like 'Taking a beating by a double fisted kangaroo' it tickles me.

My favourite moment is probably the lie detector 'Mr. America' took on Smackdown which led to Vince McMahon making a priceless dick of himself. If that doesn't count cause it's 'Mr. America' then I'll have to go with the match he had with Earthquake. Not to everyone standards probably but I perosnally think it was one of the better Hogan and Earthquake matches there have been.

I hated Hogan as a kid, but I really loved his 2002 WWE run aside from the in-ring side. Doing the job a bit more really humanised him for me (especially because I was such a IWC-obsessed "push the young guys" buffoon at the time), and I actually looked forward to his presence for the first time. How pleased he was to win the tag belts with Edge was a lovely moment.

It clearly meant a lot to Edge too, it was a cool moment.

That 2002 run was fantastic, it really was. It made me a Hogan fan. His match with the Rock really was a perfect storm.

Archived