2014 World Cup Qualifiers Discussion Thread

David

I don't think it's THAT bad a group for Scotland, it really could have been a lot worse for us.

Exactly what I was thinking. The lower pots could have been a bit kinder to us, and Serbia? That's just fucking brutal, but I think we got off lightly with Belgium and Croatia when you consider the other teams in the pots.

Youre kidding right? Thats the most flat group of them all, any team could beat any team in my eyes.

Not for me. Belgium sooner or later are going to get their shit together with all these highly promising young players, Serbia are a very decent side, as are Croatia. I'd say Scotland would do well to finish 3rd.

• Paid Members
Not for me. Belgium sooner or later are going to get their shit together with all these highly promising young players, Serbia are a very decent side, as are Croatia. I'd say Scotland would do well to finish 3rd.

Who in particular worries you exactly? They don't have a prolific goalscorer and while they undeniably have some promising talent, if we get OUR shit together they're perfectly beatable.

Who in particular worries you exactly? They don't have a prolific goalscorer and while they undeniably have some promising talent, if we get OUR shit together they're perfectly beatable.

Romelu Lukaku. He hasn't hit the international scene with a bang yet, but it's only a matter of time before he starts banging them in.

• Paid Members
Romelu Lukaku. He hasn't hit the international scene with a bang yet, but it's only a matter of time before he starts banging them in.

He's got potential, but time'll tell if he fulfills it at a higher level. Anyway, the draw could have been much worse for us. It's never gonna be easy when you're in pot four, but there's no reason we can't challenge for qualification in this group. Well, unless Levein makes the masterstroke decision to play strikerless against the better teams.

hey, they have big Moussa Dembele, he was awesome towards the end of last season.

• Paid Members

Scotland could beat any team in that group at home, wouldn't fancy away trips to Serbia and Croatia though. For Ireland we'll need to perform well against Sweden if we want second place, their not as good as they were though, still think we should have been pot 2.

• Paid Members

Belgium should not be underestimated with the talent they have, as someone said on here if they get their shit together they will be deadly. No main striker? Lukaku was top scorer in the Belgian league at SIXTEEN. The Belgian league may not be that high a level, but that still speaks volumes about someone that will only improve with age.

Throw into the mix Defour, Dembele, Hazard, Vermaelen, Kompany, Fellaini and a bunch of others and you have on paper perhaps the most exciting and promising young team in Europe. They could end up bring a flop, like Portugal's golden generation, or they could be one of the best in the world. Time will tell but they'd be the last third seeded team I'd want to face.

How the fuck are the Faeroes a fifth seeded team?!

I'm Welsh and I'm pretty happy with the group. We were never gonna qualify but all the teams will take points off eachother so our ranking will improve. I'd like to beat Scotland and Macedonia at home and perhaps a couple of draws against the top 3 teams.

4th in the group is a realistic target.

• Paid Members
I'm Welsh and I'm pretty happy with the group. We were never gonna qualify but all the teams will take points off eachother so our ranking will improve. I'd like to beat Scotland and Macedonia at home and perhaps a couple of draws against the top 3 teams.

4th in the group is a realistic target.

That won't directly improve your ranking though, will it?

Archived