Britains Got Talent

spacemonkey

The missus was subjecting me to watching Britains Got Talent and one of the auditionees claimed to be a professional wrestler... But he was wearing a Darth Vader mask. He was auditioning with his sister as 'Darth Dongle and The Princess'

I'm convinced the sister called him Andy, so my curiosity has gotten the best of me and I want to know who he is basically lol.

Anybody watch it or anybody know who it was??

The missus was subjecting me to watching Britains Got Talent and one of the auditionees claimed to be a professional wrestler... But he was wearing a Darth Vader mask. He was auditioning with his sister as 'Darth Dongle and The Princess'

I'm convinced the sister called him Andy, so my curiosity has gotten the best of me and I want to know who he is basically lol.

Anybody watch it or anybody know who it was??

I coulda sworn she said that she was the wrestler? Could be wrong though.

He posts on here as Dingo Warrior.

He "wrestled" as Inferno Kid and Razgriz in the past.

As someone who had the absolute misfortune of being in attendance for one of his "matches" once I can also confirm his shitness. I wish the footage of that match was online somewhere so you could all see it.

All people have to do is training consisting of copying what they see on TV in their living rooms, roll around in a T-Shirt, wear kickpads and have the physique of an Ethiopian and they'll consider themselves a 'Professional Wrestler'.

In other news, I played snooker in a pub the other night and am now a Professional snooker player.

There should really be more weight added to the title " professional wrestler".

It just seems like everyone can call themselfs a professional wrestler..

If a kid plays soccer at his local club, is he also a "professional soccer player"?

If a kid plays soccer at his local club, is he also a "professional soccer player"?

No, you are only professional if you get paid to do it and make a living from it. That's the same for any sport.

If you get paid to wrestle and it is your job, then you are a professional wrestler.

No, you are only professional if you get paid to do it and make a living from it. That's the same for any sport.

If you get paid to wrestle and it is your job, then you are a professional wrestler.

True

• Paid Members

I'm going to sound really pedantic, and that's not my intention so please work with me, but I imagine a fair few people in the UK get paid but don't make a living from it. How do they fall into that?

• Paid Members

that terminology doesn't apply with wrestling though does it? was always under the assumption that it was known as professional wrestling as way to differentiate it from amateur wrestling.

Professional Wrestling is the name of the sport.

I'm going to sound really pedantic, and that's not my intention so please work with me, but I imagine a fair few people in the UK get paid but don't make a living from it. How do they fall into that?

Well if they have another job as well, then technically that would make them semi-professional wrestlers. However as Ebb has said, most people do take professional wrestling as the name of the sport.

Originally however I assume the term 'professional wrestling' did come about because the people doing this were getting paid where as people competing in the sport of wrestling were not.

In the likes of football it's simple, you have professional, semi-professional and amateur players.

Archived