Wrestlemania 27 buyrate

Dearly Devoted Dexter

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Shame five million people didn't see that package on Raw.

A million buys will be a lot more than just a million viewers so the difference won't be that severe.

• Paid Members
Leave it to Supremo to turn WWE hitting a million buys for the first time in ages into a negative.

Three other people before me already made a similar point. It's great that they hit a million buys, it's just a shame that they didn't deliver a particularly good show, nor do anything to build for the future.

In fact, with the way in which Mania's dog shit booking actively harmed them in the long term, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming buyrates plummet to such depths that it manages to balance out and counteract this number when it comes to their yearly total. I mean, between now and next year's Wrestlemania when The Rock next returns on pay per view, what have they got on the horizon that could stop the current downwards trend?

Does anyone know the situation with regards to their international expansion and PPV?

What I mean is, they seem to be clearing new TV deals in new countries every year, so I assume that these new countries also get the chance to watch Wrestlemania.

If that is the case, then surely the buy-rate for Mania should really be going up every year, right?

I'll be very interested to see the US only numbers.

For what it's worth, I also thought Mania this year was toss. Bar the Taker/Trips match and a solid Orton/Punk match, it was very underwhelming and the booking was the shits. If i were one of those "one PPV a year" fans and I'd ordered this Mania, I can think of nothing that would encourage me to keep on watching.

I hope the Rock and Snooki's wages were worth the extra hundred and fifty or so thousand buys (up from last year).

Snooki's wages were worth it more from the standpoint of media coverage.

Surely the ultimate point of her being on the show was to get people to pay for it though?

The whole point of publicity is to make people aware of your product so that they will buy it.

• Moderators

Surely the ultimate point of her being on the show was to get people to pay for it though?

The whole point of publicity is to make people aware of your product so that they will buy it.

Not always. It's like when they'll have an athlete show up in order to get on Sportscenter to give it mainstream awareness in that way Vince McMahon so obsessively craves.

Not always. It's like when they'll have an athlete show up in order to get on Sportscenter to give it mainstream awareness in that way Vince McMahon so obsessively craves.

Yeah, fair enough the use of mainstream types is sometimes just to get some extra press outside of the normal places, but in this instance (putting her in a Wrestlemania match) the objective was clearly to get people to buy Wrestlemania. Ideally people who perhaps wouldn't usually do so.

• Moderators

I dunno, I'd say it was more like having Burt Reynolds as a timekeeper at Wrestlemania X than when they built it all around Pamela Anderson at XI or people tuning in to see what Mike Tyson and Austin were going to do to each other at Wrestlemania XIV. I reckon this one was more to get into Variety and the USA Today.

Archived