WCW superstars at Wrestlemania 17

Enrico Federico

Hey,

Remember at Mania 17 when Shane cut the promo just before he fought daddy? Well he pointed up to a load of WCW supertars for were up in a VIP section, but the camera didnt get a decent look in :S

Anyone know who was there that night???

I remember seeing Lance Storm as part of that group can't remember anyone else though.

According to various storys at the time, they were supposed to have a run in to help shane, although of them (Stasiak i believe) may of told people about it, thus relagating them to the rafters.

Also use the questions thread.

Yeah, in the run up to Wrestlemania 17 Stasiak announced it on a radio show of all places - got a lot of heat from the WCW wrestlers as they missed out on a pay day due to him.

According to various storys at the time, they were supposed to have a run in to help shane, although of them (Stasiak i believe) may of told people about it, thus relagating them to the rafters.

Yeah, in the run up to Wrestlemania 17 Stasiak announced it on a radio show of all places - got a lot of heat from the WCW wrestlers as they missed out on a pay day due to him.

Interesting stuff, never knew that. Quite glad it never came to fruition actually, the way the match actually ended was perfect for the storyline and was very satisfying. Still remember jumping out my seat as a kid as Linda did from hers!

Interesting stuff, never knew that. Quite glad it never came to fruition actually, the way the match actually ended was perfect for the storyline and was very satisfying. Still remember jumping out my seat as a kid as Linda did from hers!

Yeah I never knew it too, as awesome as it would have been to see the WCW guys run in at X7, one of the best ppvs ever, the way that match was done it was so perfect.

but anyway Stasiak is a bit of a muppet. His run in the Alliance as clumsey tosser was probably punishment for that, or else just for being rubbish.

but anyway Stasiak is a bit of a muppet. His run in the Alliance as clumsey tosser was probably punishment for that, or else just for being rubbish.

One can only assume he was given the persona of the man-bitch they called Meat for a similar reason.

• Paid Members

That was one of the best things about the Invasion. Sure, he was a joke, but he got TV time. I'd have rather have been Stasiak than Sean O'Haire, Mike Awesome or about a 20 others. He got screen time with Austin, The Rock, Angle everyone. His big debate with Debra about why he hadnt won many matches was class. "Its the tights, they are bad luck. For one thing they are pink, they have Mecca on the back: I dont even know what Mecca means!"

Moments like this you cant fault:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AplZdhTTSOA

Jindrak, Stasiak, and I saw Chavo and Billy Kidman, Lance Storm and stacey kiebler

Really? Considering Kidman wasn't one of the 24 contracted WCW wrestlers that the WWF initially picked up, I doubt he would be with the contracted talent. For what it's worth the Observer reports that the WCW group consisted of Johnny Ace, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Mike Awesome, Lance Storm, Hugh Morrus, Sean O'Haire, Mark Jindrak, Chuck Palumbo, Mike Sanders, Stacey Kiebler and Shawn Stasiak.

Archived